MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Did a cam belt change on saturday on my 216 (16v bubble shape). Timed everything up and marked everything before i took the old belt off. The car is running fine with the new belt fitted but the strange thing is that i could not get the bottom pulley mark to line up when the cam sprocket marks are lined up. It would be either one tooth before or one tooth after the 90 btdc marker. Ive done a compresion test and am getting about 11 bar on all cylinders does this sound about right and has anyone had a similer problem with the timing marks
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Did you remove the pully? You have to get the crank drive gear absolutely smack bang on or you will have slack on the exhaust camshaft sproket side and be a tooth out.I use a 32mm socket on the right hand driveshaft nut and genltly rock the engine back/fro untill the twodot on the drive gear are smack on with the flanged rib on the oil pump housing.I cant stress enough to get the crank drive gear smack on.I also fit the belt first and then the tensioner as it is much easierbut keep hold of that belt!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the quick reply mate
I havent used the 2 dots to align the drive gear but i did put a new notch on the pulleys back edge as you cant see the marks properly using the original marker on the front edge (if that makes sence). I will have another go at the weekend. I must have had that bloody belt on and off 15 times on sat/sun trying to get it to line up properly. Does the comprsion sound right or is it low. Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
A very nice guy called technorozen posted a very good video on here a few weeks ago .

search his posts ...it may be still available to download.

i would email it too you but I can only send 10 mbs in my email.........so that wont work as its 56mb.

all the best..mark

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
good on yer griffmonster .

when the rapidshare thingy expires perhaps tecnorozen can put it on google video

or i will do it for him ..if he gives me the go-ahead ..
all the best.mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the link lads but unfortunatly i cant get it to download it just says internet explore cant find it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just down loaded it mark
Really appreciate that mate
Will have another got at the weekend
Thanks again bud
Paul

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Thank technozen not me.
Although it did take me a few hours to work it out .

Moderators
They should now put a permanent sticky linky to this video .

it will be on google video for many years I think...no bandwidth limitations ....or waiting ..great .

All the best....mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts