MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get some new breakpad.caliper holding pins?

I do not know a great deal about cars but I spoketo a garage about a frustrating noise that I have coming from the front driver side wheel, and he was going to take some parts off the breaks and have a look.

He called me and said he was hesitant about doing this as he has found these holding pins to be bent and they might break if he tries tomove them, makingmy car undrivable.

He said that you cannot buy these pins on their own anymore, you need to buy the whole calliper. Is this true?

Even if it is true, does any of you know where I can get just the pins.

I have been told that these pins are quite small, and to have to buy the whole caliper is rediculous.

Many thanks,
Peter.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
if you need speed then why not try the wreckers £30 tops for both calipers, the guy seems to have thought you have just fell of a banana boat many companies would be able to supply the guide bolts for you.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Are you talking about "caliper slider pins"? I'm sure these are the same on MK1 and MK2.
You can get a car set (4 pins+4 boots) from MGR dealer or Rimmer Bros 01522 568000 for £22.29 inc vat.
Check that's what you need and let dealer or Rimmers check the number.
I suspect they're siezed in carrier and he's bent them trying to get them out(but don't tell him that).
Remove carrier,place in vise with pins vertical,drible Plus Gas/WD40 down pins,let soak,grip pins in vise and turn carrier.Use drill bit same size as pin and ream(by hand) holes to remove rust.Reasemble with copperslip on pins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts