MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've got an MG ZR, 03 plate. A mate helped me to fit an amp and a set of 7" speakers in the back shelf, they came out of my brother's car, and they sound pretty good. The back shelf is a bit of a mess, because the speakers are too big to fit into the dropped part of the shelf. When we ran the power cable to the amp in the boot, we picked it up from the back of the stereo because we couldn't find a hole to put the cable through directly from the battery.

1] Can anyone recommend a replacement shelf? How much are they? Where can I get one?
2] Does anyone know how to get a cable from the battery directly to the boot by the easiest wiring route?
3] I've been quoted around £200 to fit a mew amp sub I have and re-fit the existing amp and speakers. Is that a reasonable price? Any recommendations on good places in Edinburgh?

Thanks in advance for any advice / suggestions, much appreciated.

Cheers - CM.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
would have been better posted in the ICE section, but,

1) shelves are expensive bits of kit - best to find one from a scrapped 200/25/ZR
2) passenger side is easiest for the power feed, there is a gromit type thing just inside passenger footwell (well in my 200 there is) and you can run it down the side of the carpet and under seat belt easier this way
3) never used an ICE place, but if you are happy with it and can see some of the work that has been done before then that sounds fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts