MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to fit an external microphone to my TT Go sat nav and bluetooth phone set up. The 75's roof console has a microphone grille each side and so I am going to fit the external mic into there.

I need to run the mic cable from the roof console to an A pillar and then down and eventually to the phone holder in the centre console where my sat nav unit plugs in.

Questions I have:

Which is the easier route-passenger side A pillar or driver side?

Once I have the cable at the bottom of the pillar how do I then get it along to the centre console?

How easy is it to push a cable from the roof console to the A pillar?

Is there anything I can tie the cable to behind the A pillar trim

Does the A pillar trim just pull out and off?

Any other advice?

Thanks for your help-. Pic shows the sat nav in place

Regards

Mike :)

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Mike

There are more cables inside the drivers side A-pillar but I think going from there to the center console might be easier than the other side. The trim just 'pulls' off and then clips back on (make sure you don't have airbags in there though). There are 'lugs' where you can tie back the cable under there - and to the other existing cables. Take the centre light out, reach you hand in and with a bit of fiddling you can get the cable across to the A pillar - two hands helps - especially childrens smaller hands :) Once past the A-pillar there is a space where you can feed the cable down below the IPK level and if you remove the trim above where your feet would be there is ample space there to route a cable to the centre console, better there in my opinion that trying to go behind the fascia/IPK ...

I will be doing the very same thing as soon as RoverPC is installed - not long now!

HTH

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Christopher :) Watch this space. I'll try and take a series of pics so we have a how to.

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
272 Posts
Feeding cable to the centre light console exactly as described by jamescj, and quite easy, must say though that for sound quality I found it better placing the mic at top of "a" pillar. This is slightly closer to mouth level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts