MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
You should be ashamed!!!!!!!!!!

joking aside .. what is the draw of a scooby ??? They lack that certain somthing in class and as for reliability ALL of the ones I have seen have been pigs to start.. making the headgasket issues look liek childsplay

Not sayin boo hiss boo at getting rid of the MG (well i am lol) what is with scoobys?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Don't be mean Gazza.

Falkirk fella,

Mrs. Snail has had a 2002 bugeye impreza wrx since new - never failed to start, goes like a rocket............in fact, it's nearly as good as my ZS180:bgrin:

It has looked after her in the snow as she was watching FWD cars scrabbling for grip and RWD bmw/lexus with rear ends trying to overtake the front. It's also looked after her when a fella tried to park his van in the rear seats on the motorway.:eek:mg:

You will miss the ZS's handling and ability to carry speed through a corner and if you have (had?) a 180, you will get annoyed at the way the scooby won't like doing 30mph in fourth, where the v6 happily does 20mph in fifth. You will thoroughly enjoy the whine of the turbo, the push in the back and the way the engine seems relentless....it just keeps on pulling.

If you get the opportunity to do 15mph in an empty car park covered in snow where you have to look through the drivers side window to see where you're going - take it (just watch those islands) - felt like a big kid.

Mrs. Snail has ordered a new 'european import' black wrx (not an sti - to dear to run with service regime, eating of tyres and single figure mpg's) for £15k......and it's a 2.5!

If you've picked a good one and look after it, you will enjoy it.

All the best,

Gary.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
That's a shame................you'll just blend in with the masses and not have that 'look at that!' from admirers. :lol:

Good luck with your new toy and I hope you get the same enjoyment that you did with the zed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks peeps, i'll miss the ZS it's been a great car for me. Good news is when the mrs passes her test she's get a ZR so i'll still be driving an MG sometimes.

·
Registered
36,503 Posts
merely not having an MG to drive is no reason to say goodbye to us - some of our most stalwart members don't even have a car!

you don't say which scooby. I noticed that the Forester (?) was voted no.1 lesbian car in the US, which surprised me at first. I think it was based on headline-grabbing stereotypes. Certainly made me look. Actually Subarus have an awful lot going for them to attract anyone of a practical bent, of whatever orientation, race, creed etc.

I very nearly bought an Impreza WRX in 2003. 4.58m long and with that air intake that Sniff Petrol said was modelled on the Sydney Opera House! :lol: Lovely car.

Did you know the name Subaru means the Pleiades constellation representing the old demerged bits of the pre-war Fuji conglomerate working together? (See Subaru badge...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts