MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thought i would tell you all about my busy weekend,

Found a Wreg car that was being broken, so i went shopping!

I did not like the fact that the foot well carpet trim was deleted, and i just did not think the new short pile carpet looked as clean as my old car!

Looks a lot better i think!

Plus i got a new face left to hide the age of my car as i am going to have to keep her for the next 100 years...

:) :) :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
so you took the carpet out and didnt bother to put any extra sound proofing in? :err:

does look good though :ts:

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
You and your shopping trips. Next time you decide to go shopping, pick me up an electric rear sunblind :D

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
694 Posts
Looks very nice :) I only wish I could do the same with the coupe. I totally dislike the grey.. boring... harsh carpet and would love something as sweet as that!....

Sean

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you took the carpet out and didnt bother to put any extra sound proofing in? :err:

does look good though :ts:
Take it you have not seen how think the 75 carpet is then?

loads of sound proofing built in! the old style carpet has a 3mm "tar?" sheet just under the carpet, The new carpet does not seem to have this..

Its a lot more quite now any how!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Blimey Alex your a brave man pulling your car apart like that!

Was the colour of the carpet different before or was it just thinner?

Looks great mate!;)

Jim

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have, They are in a different folder to the rest of my pics, When i click on my album you will see it,

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have, They are in a different folder to the rest of my pics, When i click on my album you will see it,

Good pics mate, I thought you had retained your old plate, but I noticed on your album that they are different. Where do you find these ROV plates, assuming they are still available and can I be nosey and ask how much? Cheers, Mike

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
451 Posts
Alex, how easy is it to get the carpets out (and back in again)? I'm a bit sound obsessed and I was wondering about doing some more sound-proofing, even though it's already very good.

·
Registered
mg_zt
57 Posts
You make it look so easy, looks like the work was well worth it. Seeing as you obviously know how it all comes apart/goes together, do you know if the black mesh is easily removed from the premium grille?

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alex, how easy is it to get the carpets out (and back in again)? I'm a bit sound obsessed and I was wondering about doing some more sound-proofing, even though it's already very good.
Give you self 3-4 hours, i cleaned all the parts as it went back in, so that added some time,

If you undo a few screws you can change the carpet, just need the correct tools...

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You make it look so easy, looks like the work was well worth it. Seeing as you obviously know how it all comes apart/goes together, do you know if the black mesh is easily removed from the premium grille?
Just a matter of 8mm nuts, but beware, you undo theses, the studding that is stuck to the chrome " can" fall off and will need re glueing,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts