MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

as some of you know I am starting a new business with my mother. It will be called Tru Caring Ltd, and it will be caring for the elderly in their own homes (domiciliary care).

We need to start designing uniforms, stationary and so forth, but we need a logo before we can do any of that. I'm a great believer in DIY, but will admit that I don't have the skills to create something of high quality, nor do I really have any idea of what the logo should look like.

So, my request to you, if anyone is willing to create a logo for my company, either for free or for a small fee, I would be most grateful. Something simple, but distinctive, incorporating the name, Tru Caring.

Please get in touch if you can help.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
You really need your logo designing as a vector logo so it can be resized without loosing quality.

Chances are whoever is doing your print work/work wear would also want it in a eps file format as well.

Also deciding what type of logo you want is important, you don't need anything as instantly recognizable for example as the Nike swish, so do you want the words in a nice font that suits your business, or do you want to add something to the words to create a image and text logo.

Do you want a logo with a strap line is another thing to consider?

Simon

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
A quick idea I had :) I haven't had the chance to design a logo in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time as I seem to do nothing but programming these days so I appreciate the opportunity.

I've not done it in vectors, just in photoshop but it wouldn't take me too long to put it into a vector format.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shuntis, awesome work. Sorry for taking so long to respond. That is miles better than the simple sketches I had in my head. I like the colours, the font, the soft lines of the house, and the way you've summed up the company in a simple image.

If I could bother you to make a couple of small changes I would be most grateful. We don't need 'Ltd' on the logo, and I think it would look better if 'Tru' and 'Caring' were different colours, something like this:

The only reservation I have is that there's then a few too many colours going on. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Simcor, thanks for the input - I had never heard of eps and vectors, so I'm glad somebody who knows what they're doing chipped in! Hopefully Shuntis will be kind enough to supply his artwork in the appropriate format when it's finalised.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Simcor, thanks for the input - I had never heard of eps and vectors, so I'm glad somebody who knows what they're doing chipped in! Hopefully Shuntis will be kind enough to supply his artwork in the appropriate format when it's finalised.
I'm no expert but our design depatrment at work deal with all that kind of stuff, and thats the questions I have to ask people if they can supply it in those formats.

Simon

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Hi sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I'll remove the "Ltd." sure. The colours are tricky. I agree that adding the blue adds too many colours to the mix, and the blue doesn't really compliment the other colours very well. Another thing to consider is that the fewer colours used, the cheaper and easier it usually is to print.

Maybe an alternative would be:

Or if you want blue maybe go whole hog, though personally as much as I like blue, it isn't the warmest of colours and doesn't necessarily convey 'caring' as well as a warmer like like above.

Just to show what the logo would look like if it was only black and white (which can be needed for various reasons, like letter heads if you want to save some money and get only black and white ones done, or for whatever reason really):

Let me know what you think and I'll see what we can sort out. I must stress that I am extremely busy whilst at work at the moment so only really get what little spare time I have for extra bits like this :) I'm happy to do it because it makes a change from what I'm doing at work, but just want to let you know about my time restrictions :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shuntis,

please don't take my silence as indifference - we are still discussing the exact name etc so it's taking time to finalise what we want. We have now decided that we will spell the company as True Caring, and that on the logo we'd like to join those two words: TrueCaring. I think we also prefer your first example with 'True' in red.

Tho only other thing we need to do then is to sort out our business number: it will make sense to have that on some versions of the logo. Once we have that sorted I will let you know.

Thanks for the time and effort you've put in so far, I really appreciate it - yet again .org is the only place I need to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts