MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Had a slight mishap with the 75... Had a slight altercation with a pillar at the bottom of the drive. Got a local scratch and dent chap coming to have a look next week, but the scratches aren't limited to the rear bumper... oh no, the chrome trim has been scored too.

Couple of questions:
a) Is it possible to remove and replace the trim?
b) How do I do it? and
c) Can I get the trim from a dealer, or will I need to go to a scrappy?

The trim appears to be in three parts, and it's the passenger side bit that's damaged - the scrape was just behind the rear wheel arch.

Any ideas, chaps?

Ta.

·
Registered
mg_zt
123 Posts
Yes the chrome trim simply pops out. You can go to a dealer to buy a brand new trim but you'll be paying over-the-top prices for it. Best bet is a breakers yard. Once you get one from them it will probably look a bit dirty/have lost it's shine but some metal polish and a bit of elbow grease and you'll be plain sailing again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same thing with my front bumper. New chrome incert from dealer was £48 + VAT. Got one from a breaker via partes gateway instead for £28 inclusive, although i was a bit dissapointed with its condition. "care worn" is one way to put it...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, did you manage to find some replacement bumper chrome?

If not im sure I have some in the shed ( I will have a look later), as I have sold my 75 you're more than welcome to it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Hi, did you manage to find some replacement bumper chrome?
If not im sure I have some in the shed ( I will have a look later), as I have sold my 75 you're more than welcome to it.
Hey pickle. Hope that van of yours is still 'running' ok . Just love it, giggled for ages. What mileage do you manage to get out of a pair of 'boots' ? ? What's top speed ? ?

Left it running for a while to see if those wheels would fall off. Assume suspension bushes require replacement quite regularly ! !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts