MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some while back I found a thread on this forum about finding the build history of your car.
It linked me to site where I found out exactly when both of my TFs rolled off the line, and was full of extra goodies, like the stuff below for my 115:
General Information

• This vehicle was the 38,383rd MG TF to run off the production line, out of 41,656
  • This vehicle was the 6,142nd MG TF 115 to be made out of 7,024
  • This vehicle was the 100th MG TF in Rio Red (code: CQC) to be made out of 208 Rio Red MG TFs
Also born on this day...

• 92 75s
  • 2 75 Limousines
  • 50 75 Tourers
  • 38 MG TFs
  • 100 ZRs
  • 14 ZSs
  • 31 ZTs
17 ZT-Ts

I now have a third TF (yes, I know, but still not as bad as Dert) and I cannot for the life of me remember where I found the information on my other cars. Anyone got a better memory than me??

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I've been good recently stopped at 11, I run out of space and neighbours complain about me parking my road legal ones down the road :p The site mentioned by Roverlike is not available at the moment and rumours are the build info was pretty inaccurate anyway....I cannot confirm if this is true or not. There is a chap called Adrian Clifford (don't know if he's a member here) who is a member of a number of mg groups on facebook, and has a vast database on the mg models so if you want to get info best tap him up...I know he's a member of this group Facebook Groups and below is the type of info he produces for people (not my vehicle)

·
Registered
mg_tf
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.
I did find mg-rover.info through googling, but as noted it is unavailable.
I seem to have a couple or 3 project cars lined up on the driveway waiting for warmer weather, and I fancied knowing a bit more about the latest one. No room for 11, right enough!!

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,334 Posts
.... The site mentioned by Roverlike is not available at the moment and rumours are the build info was pretty inaccurate anyway....I cannot confirm if this is true or not.
The build info on mg-rover.info came direct from the factory build records. When these were rediscovered on a computer at Longbridge several years after MGR went under, I think they were somewhat corrupted, but the information about most of the other models in the range was fairly accurate, with only a few that turned out to be incorrect, and in all probability entered incorrectly on the build records in the first place.

The information relating to the TF seems to have been much less accurate, with wrong numbers of particular models shown - again most likely to have been entered on the build records incorrectly in the first place.

The biggest number of anomalies lie in the Monogram paint colours for the TF - a large proportion of Monogram coloured TFs have an MBB (Starlight Silver) paint code both stamped on their VIN plate and also entered in the build records (not surprising as the VIN plate info would be what was entered on the build records in any case). This doesn't mean that the Mono cars were painted Starlight first and resprayed, it is simply that whoever was responsible for the VIN plate and build schedule wasn't doing their job properly! Incorrect paint codes among the other MG and Rover models are pretty rare tbh.

The MG Car Club also hold the factory records, and I think Adrian Clifford has been instrumental in getting a lot of things corrected for them. If mg-rover.info does not re-appear (I have seen a suggestion elsewhere that Steve Childs was moving it to another host, but as it was a post on facebook, that is probably about as reliable as flipping a coin!), I would suggest either joining the MGCC or trying to contact Adrian.

·
Registered
mg_tf
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks All.
Birthday coming up, so maybe I'll treat myself to membership of MGCC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts