MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing that annoys me is when the car shampoo doesn't foam up..
I used to use CarPlan Triple Wax..which doesn't foam up at all, so I recently switched to AutoGlym Car Conditioner..but that doesn't foam either?

I feel like a right noob when washing because it looks like I'm washing my car with plain water. I can see why people like Fairy Liquid..lots of suds! Lol.

Any ideas why?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Suds are not the important thing when washing a car. The wash soloution should feel almost silky to the touch. This means your wash mitt will be well lubricated going over the paintwork, and the dirt particles will also be well lubricated as they come off the car, therefore keeping marring to a minimum.

If you have suds, that means some of the shampoo is not in solution. I used to use TripleWax, and it didn't really make suds either. Next time, just dunk you hand in the bucket and rub your fingers together. It should feel nice and slippery (more so than just plain water).

Rich.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Ah I see...

So suds aren't really that important, it just looks good if anything?
Suds aren't important in the wash solution, no. You may look cheap as it looks like you're just using water, but you have the last laugh when your car is shiny and swirl free:).

Rich.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suds aren't important in the wash solution, no. You may look cheap as it looks like you're just using water, but you have the last laugh when your car is shiny and swirl free.

Rich.
Ok thats cool.

Cheers Rich:)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Recommended only as a pret-treat though before washing:).

Rich.
Of course! :)

Although someone should tell the illegals here in the hand car wash that!

Blast with a power washer, soak with TFR, rub with a sponge, once over the car with one of those drying blade things, and a quick rub with a scabby chammy.

No wonder cars have so many swirls!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Of course! :)

Although someone should tell the illegals here in the hand car wash that!

Blast with a power washer, soak with TFR, rub with a sponge, once over the car with one of those drying blade things, and a quick rub with a scabby chammy.

No wonder cars have so many swirls!
:lol: That's why its £3.50 and takes 'em 30secs!;)

Rich.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
try half with warm water (warm to the touch, not straight out the kettle)

as Rich says, its all in the lube action.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yay, I use that triple wax stuff too. Although I use quite a bit each wash! It works well with the Turtle Wax Mitt! £10 halfords 3 for 2.

With this wax is the idea not to polish or wax? I got a great shine when I polised after using this but I have never waxed a car in my life. Is it worth doin?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
With this wax is the idea not to polish or wax? I got a great shine when I polised after using this but I have never waxed a car in my life. Is it worth doin?
The amount of wax found in wash and wax is tiny. You should use a good wax every so often on top of a polish, and just use a wash and wax in between waxes, perhaps followed by a spray of quick detailer.:)

Rich.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts