MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody brought my new car pick it up friday cant wait!
ive brought a vauxhall astra 1.8i bertone coupe great looking car and shifts too, i think ive got a good deal what do you lot think= petrol, 5speed manual,15000 on the clock,02 reg,matallic silver,abs,air-con,alloy wheels,air bags,electric door mirrors,electric windows,front fogs,cd player, sports seats. £7000 in paying for it bargain i think. the drive is amazing and it gets to 60mph in 8.5 secs, insurance is only group 9, i traded it in for my rover 25 no more worry about head gasket for me :bgrin:, what do you lot think of the car? any one own one on here?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
how long did u test drive it for??

really nice looking cars, perform well but tend to cause back pains o na long journey, get some pictures up :D

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
yep, terrible driving position, those ecotec engines are a bit gutless but nice all the same.

you should have got the bbs rims and tan leather if it was a bertone??

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi i dident test drive it for long but the ride seems nice sporty feel to the car, loads of space quility feel to it. i will take it for a long ride and see what i feel like after, the rover used to hunt my arse after a long ride and going hard round corners i used to have to hold on tight or i would be falling out the seat. but the coupe hugs you in the seat nice i love it im over the moon to be honest its the first car thats made my feel like this:bgrin:. there good engines ive heard can anyone give me any info on them?. i will getting sum picture up when i can. what do you lot think of the deal i got from the dealers 12 months warrenty as well but they charged 200 for that.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Ice D said:
Astra mk4 coupes are styled by bertone, you can have all diff trim levels in them Evo :)
then thats more than I was going to pay for one with 16k miles, tan heated leather, irmsh(errrrr) grill, bbs 17's :err:

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,907 Posts
greeny said:
hello everybody brought my new car pick it up friday cant wait!
ive brought a vauxhall astra 1.8i bertone coupe great looking car and shifts too, i think ive got a good deal what do you lot think= petrol, 5speed manual,15000 on the clock,02 reg,matallic silver,abs,air-con,alloy wheels,air bags,electric door mirrors,electric windows,front fogs,cd player, sports seats. £7000 in paying for it bargain i think. the drive is amazing and it gets to 60mph in 8.5 secs, insurance is only group 9, i traded it in for my rover 25 no more worry about head gasket for me :bgrin:, what do you lot think of the car? any one own one on here?
Oh yeah ... don't bet on it .... and keep those fingers x-ed ...just in case.

meantime, enjoy your VAUXHALL.... ;)

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
They do look smart, but I to have heard about the back ache thing. Seems to be that the seats are a bit crap. I suppose you could change them if its a problem.

Anyway, nice car. hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
http://www.m1gst.com/site/INDEX.htm

try this site for info on the astra m8!!

i quite like the astra coupe and have considered one myself but prefer to have a 5 door car.

i've been looking for 5 door 1.8 sri/sxi for ages but can't find one thats just right.........i think they can be quite expensive for what they are. could have a ZS for a lot less......

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Someone i work with has a blue one of these. Not a bad looking car. Been for a drive in it and its a horrid driving position, but i suppose you will get used to it with time.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Hey, Regal Motors in Bilston!

I used to get my Contis from there- cheapest place I knew for miles around for tyres.

Looks like a nice example, not my cup of tea admittedly but hope you enjoy the motor.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I did like the Astra Coupe when it was first launched, and it looks nice, but I would find living with that interior hard. Build quality of the Astras I have been in, especially of the Ellesmere hatchbacks have been superb, but I wish they would inject some life into the design of their interiors...

1 - 20 of 166 Posts