MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rover 214si (1996) has a broken original drivers side wing mirror. I have since brought another original for £20. Not totally sure of how to remove old wing mirror from inside of car and replace with new. Any ideas? Cheers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My Rover 214si (1996) has a broken original drivers side wing mirror. I have since brought another original for £20. Not totally sure of how to remove old wing mirror from inside of car and replace with new. Any ideas? Cheers.
piece of cake if its non electric,

2 screws mate nothing complicated. try removing the inside panel first where the mirror sits from the inside. and the rest is a piece of cake!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
what does that have to do with tunning?

if it's an electric mirror you have to remove the doorcard, if not, remove the little cover in the corner of the window from inside then you'll see the bolts that hold the mirror.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried to remove the inside panel but it seems to be on tight, I didn't want to break it so would a flat head or something else be ideal to remove panel?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i find it sometimes helps if you un do a couple of the screws holding the door card on, it allows u to pull away the front of the door card and as the bottom of the wing mirror cover slots in behind the top of the door card loosening the door card releases the cover once this is off its just 2 screws as other people said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts