MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ive just noticed a real change in my gear box,, 1st gear is a mother [email protected][email protected] to get into and the gears 1 and 2 feel strange ....

like if i push the stick to the left it goes further left than when i push it to the right..... also its hitting something....any one else had similar probs???

its hard to explain, but if you just push yr stick to the right it is limmited which is normal but if i push to the left it goes mega further and makes a knock sound? **** sighs***

do i need a new gear box? any ideas?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Sounds like it might be a good idea to look at the gear linkages before you point the finger at the box. Might be much cheaper if it is just the linkages. I think this has been talked about quite often. You might be able to get the info you need with a search of old posts.

·
Registered
mgf
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all is fixed!!!! :p

i was really scared when i phoned around and was getting 300 up for changing the cables

it was a really simple fix tooo!!!!!! love it

ill post a pic of the unexpected culprit

·
Registered
12 Posts
mgfjackson said:
all is fixed!!!! :p

i was really scared when i phoned around and was getting 300 up for changing the cables

it was a really simple fix tooo!!!!!! love it

ill post a pic of the unexpected culprit
Did you have this fixed at a garage? What was the cost? If it was DIY can you provide details and pics?? I have just spent the weekend resolving the fuel smell in the MGF I bought for my girlfriend and now I am unable to get the car into gear!! She says this started Friday on the way to driving to me to fix the fuel smell, these cars always seem to be one step forward, one step back.

I have so far paid for head gasket replacement, cam belt replacement, new alternator, battery, hood, radiator, tyre, window winder mechanism, any everytime I find a whole stack of emails about yet another problem we start experiencing, maybe we should fix this and just get rid of the "fun summer car"

Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts