MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a problem with tyres leaking air from where the rim meets the tyre? I bought some dunlop 2000s (fitted to the front) and they keep going flat...mechanic rekons its becasue of corrosion, but i never had that with the old tyres, which were nasy cheepos!! and he is reliable, very much so! he sealed the problematic one and now the other has gone. not happy. really trust the garage i go to, they are very genuine, and did this repair despaite it taking 40mins of messing about, for free...

Any help?

Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My Impreza had this problem. It turned out to be due to the fact that there was too much lacquer on the inside of the rims where the beading meets it. My tyre guy just sanded down the inside of the rims lightly and it was OK.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
yep, when i had mine refurbed recently the back one didnt hold air very well, he came out (i had them fitted by a mobile guy) attacked the inside of the rim with sandpaper and a wire brush and touch wood they have been fine since!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I had three slow punctures due to this problem. Had all the wheels refurbished in the end and its now sorted.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had three slow punctures due to this problem. Had all the wheels refurbished in the end and its now sorted.
got the wheels of..they are...f*****.lol

bought a new set. need the car for a lot of travelling, and mine are in bad condition, so got a new set of ebay. 340 with postage; already got tyres for them, and ill just flog the others on ebay after a good clean up as i dont have the time to do it now.

thanks for your help everone

Andy

·
Registered
325 Posts
If the do leak, all they need is sanding down then get the tyre fitter to add some of that white sealant stuff which stops them leaking. That's all I had done to my 200 Alloys when I got them.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the do leak, all they need is sanding down then get the tyre fitter to add some of that white sealant stuff which stops them leaking. That's all I had done to my 200 Alloys when I got them.
yea ive had it done like 4 times now, and do a lot of miles. plus they are corroded and need refurbing

emps....yea ill be selling them, wheels only, theyll be on ebay soon enough. they probs need a refurb though.

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts