MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What a philistine.

Still, it is not too far gone, no lambo doors or klingon bonnet conversion, etc.

Nice one too, only 26K and one of the air con ones. . .

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Its not too far gone, it can still be recovered back to standard, on the plus side if he's telling the truth it has a cracking engine.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Right

to get 180 bhp

will need

52mm tb

full exhaust system

head flowed

Erm still not 180 bhp

about 165 maybe at a push

ok

proper sealed induction kit

Maganor leads

Maybe 170 at a push.

*Piper Solid cam Coversion*

Plus emeralad ECU

180bhp easy.

He's BS'ing

with a 52tb, exhuast and K&N panel about 160ish

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
I have asked the seller this question

*What in full detail has been done to engine to get 180bhp?*

will post the answer.

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
tanvir said:
Can an exhaust give 35bhp more? :wtf:
No chance! :lol:

On my Vi (identical engine) I had the 52mm throttle body, Piper-X Viper enclosed induction and a custom built cat-back exhaust system and that was rolling roaded at 154bhp so I think he's been listening to too many max-power readers.... :err:

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
And after reading the advert... :rolleyes:

It's not got a 'one-off bodykit' - The rear bumper and sideskirts are from Mynheer's Mimbari 1 kit....

'Race suspension' - WTF?!?!

TSW Venoms.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Pity he didnt colour code the orange bits..... looks like a badly disguised TNT van in my humble opinion *CONTROVERSY......BURN THE HERETIC!!!* :lol:

Thats a BIG list of parts to get 180brake from a 1.8vvc that has 143bhp to begin with!!!
Compare and contrast with the fiat punto GT ~ 130 bhp standard from a 1.4 8v.....add Seb chip, bigger intercooler, and FSE valve ( less than 500 quid in parts ) and you can make a potential 160 ~ 170bhp depending on psi. Add a T25 and thats closer to 200bhp for less than a grand!
I know power gains from turbocharged vehicles are easier to come by but JEEEEEEEZ!!! Rover owners must have money to burn ;)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
LuCkY said:
Pity he didnt colour code the orange bits..... looks like a badly disguised TNT van in my humble opinion *CONTROVERSY......BURN THE HERETIC!!!* :lol:

Thats a BIG list of parts to get 180brake from a 1.8vvc that has 143bhp to begin with!!!
Compare and contrast with the fiat punto GT ~ 130 bhp standard from a 1.4 8v.....add Seb chip, bigger intercooler, and FSE valve ( less than 500 quid in parts ) and you can make a potential 160 ~ 170bhp depending on psi. Add a T25 and thats closer to 200bhp for less than a grand!
I know power gains from turbocharged vehicles are easier to come by but JEEEEEEEZ!!! Rover owners must have money to burn ;)
Yeah, but you'd still be driving a Fiat Punto!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
jonnyclaridge said:
Yeah, but you'd still be driving a Fiat Punto!
Yeah, but i'd still be smoking the majority of the MG/Rover offerings, and have a lot more beer money in my pocket while i did it! ;) :lol:

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
If it goes cheap enough you could still bag a bargain - so it needs wheels, 'bodykit' and I'd hope he's still got the BRM badges as they can be pricey, but at least the interior's still intact..

You'd be able to get a return on the existing wheels and 'kit so I reckon it could be good. Wouldn't want to pay more than £2250 though. Kid youselves not, there's still a bit of expense/work there.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
he says the engine has had the cylinder head polished and ported, poss balanced as well, exhaust system and 52mm throttle body. I reckon your looking at just! over 160 if he's tell the truth about the head and balancing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts