MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to Brighton University today for an open day when i noticed there was a Room on site called "The Rover Room" which had a Plaque on there saying that with the Rover Group and Land Rover on it.
Any students there have any ideas whats in there? On a side know did Rover group sponser uni's then? and donate stuff?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dat_Man said:
Just went to Brighton University today for an open day when i noticed there was a Room on site called "The Rover Room" which had a Plaque on there saying that with the Rover Group and Land Rover on it.
Any students there have any ideas whats in there? On a side know did Rover group sponser uni's then? and donate stuff?
Im going to Loughborough uni to take Automotive Engineering there, and they have shedloads of stuff from Ford, Jag, volvo, lotus and so on, so I would expect some unis will have seen similar investment from Rover. Incidentally I was pointed out by a member of staff a K series engine in a test bay, he said "Thats the engine that left me stranded on the M11".
Car companies often give projects to university students to research for them, they get data from it, and you get to use it to form part of your coursework.
Out of interesest, what were you at brighton for? what course?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Samuel said:
Out of interesest, what were you at brighton for? what course?
I'm going to take business adminstration top up. It was an open day. Are you studying there by any chance?

·
Registered
36,458 Posts
I had some friends who had studied in Brighton. Judging by the full-power discos they held in their terraced shared house, there were not many roadsigns or orange flashing lights left in Brighton! (I didn't approve, of course)...

Re: sponsorship, there is a Besse (they pronounce it "Bessie" as in "Bunter") Quadrangle at St. Edmund's Hall, Oxford, built with money from a previous high-up at Renault IIRC...won't tell you his name...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts