MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mg tf
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have recently bought a 2005 1.6 MG Tf and I 'm wanting to replace the 15 inch wheels to 16 inch.

My question is,will the 16 inch fit straight on or do I need to replace the brakes.if I need to replace,what do I require to do this.

Thanks.

Dave.

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
2,156 Posts
TF and F will take16 wheels no issue, make sure you use those specific for the TF and F as the PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) is different than most cars you'll need 4x95.25. Also make sure the tyre profile is correct to ensure speedo accuracy, 16" wheels usually have 40 profile. see the hints and tips thread for tyres and wheels. Most people fit the 11 spoke alloys and usually upgrade to 4 pot ap callipers on the front, but you can just fit the wheels and use standard brakes

·
Registered
Mg tf
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TF and F will take16 wheels no issue, make sure you use those specific for the TF and F as the PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) is different than most cars you'll need 4x95.25. Also make sure the tyre profile is correct to ensure speedo accuracy, 16" wheels usually have 40 profile. see the hints and tips thread for tyres and wheels. Most people fit the 11 spoke alloys and usually upgrade to 4 pot ap callipers on the front, but you can just fit the wheels and use standard brakes
I have been looking to get the 11 spoke ones so I could put those straight on and then upgrade to bigger brakes.thank you for your help.👍👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts