MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brakes been checked and are ok ,but i have to seem to brake hardly for it to stop ,would i get better response upgrading them,wondered if its a tf problem.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,188 Posts
Yes new pads should help as will giving the calipers a good clean.

Do you get the same amount of brake dust on the rear wheels as you do on the front wheels?

Also when was the brake fluid last changed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Do you get the same amount of brake dust on the rear wheels as you do on the front wheels?

yes i do ,i have been driving newer cars with brakes that put you through the windscreen ha ha this mite be my problem?.but other people have said that may need pad upgrade any suggestions which pads

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,188 Posts
My brakes were massively better with Greenstuff pads and others use Mintex pads but I am not sure what version.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

great thanks will give em a try

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ouch not sure re mintex as dont fancy changing discs 6 monthly
Matt put Greenstuff on his Trophy and it stops dead. My 1.8i doesn't have APs but it stops dead too. While putting pads on, check the disks and the fluid to see if either or both need changing Kaz

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Matt put Greenstuff on his Trophy and it stops dead. My 1.8i doesn't have APs but it stops dead too. While putting pads on, check the disks and the fluid to see if either or both need changing Kaz
thanks thats gr8 green stuff it is cheers kaz

·
Registered
314 Posts
Reading an above post that asks do both front and rear wheels both have similar amounts of brake dust... mine doesn't, there is hardly any at the back but load at the front. New brake time for me??

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Reading an above post that asks do both front and rear wheels both have similar amounts of brake dust... mine doesn't, there is hardly any at the back but load at the front. New brake time for me??
that would be the AP's that you have on your 160, I wish it wasn't normal but it is!! ;)

I found that since i upgraded to AP's i have less brake dust at the rear.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,188 Posts
Your rear calipers are probably not working working as well as they could. They may need just need the pads removing and the slides that the pads run on cleaning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts