MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made a bit of a boo boo!

Front brakes on my 416 need changing before the MOT at the end of the month... thought I'd get them out of the way, so I ordered new disks and pads from eBay... I kinda got all confused when the guy asked wether or not I needed Vented or solid... I said solid, thinking that's what I had on the front... As it turns out, they are infact vented :(... Rear disks are solid...

My question is, would the front solid disks fit the rear?
The seller was understanding enough and said I could replace them with vented, but he doesn't have them in stock at the moment... it may be a few weeks before he can get them to me... trouble is, MOT is due 28th...

Can I put the front disks and pads on the rear? this will save me a few quid in shipping!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bugger!

Well, is it possible to bang 'em on the front without changing the the calipers?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
bang them back on ebay ...at a little below the price you paid for them ..
then you wont have to pay for shipping.

and because they are new ...and undercutting ther other guys .you will sell them .

al;l the best.mark

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
they wont fit...

just out of interest .. if its the same company I bought mine off (cant recall which but the pads have a stupid name Abtex???). I would advise against buying replacements from this guy ...........

They are cheap and you get cheap .. I ended up replacing the pads 3k miles afterwards and the disks now I fear they are warping. I sometimes get odd feeling through the pedal and when creeping along it seems to brake on certain spots more than others!!!

Pay real money and get good ones as you save cash in the long run!!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
there the ones i just got of ebay, mot coming up and needed a cheap set all round, there are very cheap, brake fade happens really quickly braking from 100 down to 40 for a roundabout gets a lot of smell and then it take ages for the brakes to come back to normal stopping power, after a 30/40 minutes driving normally on main roads 60mph they squeak like mad. will replace them as soon as.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
similar issues, they squeel like mad !!! When you take the pads out you'll see they are mirror shiney (the back plate had kinda bucled also)

Halfrauds ones are better (a bit) but I should have forked out and gone to smc trading - original front pads for £12.99 atm and sourced the other bits elsewhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts