MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some opinions, I'm thinking of painting my tf's callipers, its pearl black, so im thinking red calipers.. Can it be done by spray and masking tape and paper(halfrauds do high temperature paint for manifolds in a spray) or is it strictly a paint and brush jobbie? (the only 'caliper paint' I saw was in a tin..

Also looking at painting the lettering on the tyre sidewalls white (may wait till I have some decent tyres though!) how'd you think it'd look? anyone have pics of similar?

cheers!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
paint and brush job, better taking the caliper off the car to do it,

they'll need a good prep before painting if you want it to stick

as for the tyre paint, not my cup of tea though i think fellow TF member has done on here

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
paint brush jobbying i think is better makes it easier to control how much paint you put in certain areas of the caliper. jsut remember to apply thiny . lots of coats with little paint each time.

about the tyres i think it looks great with white letter when done well! =)

·
Registered
155 Posts
I picked up a second hand set of rear calipers off a 04 plate TF for under 30 quid and have stripped them for sand blasting, etch priming, spraying red with high temp paint. This is the other way to do it... Get some replacements so you can work on the off the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts