MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there, i know theres been loads of posts about painting brake calipers, but does anybody know where i could get the decal/transfer with the mg logo and 3 lines at either side??
I know on ebay they have single mg logo, was just wondering if somebody has an exact copy of the ap brake calipers>

Many thanks, Neil.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Its not a sticker on the AP calipers, the logo is actually cast in the aluminium caliper.
Any sticker company could make you some, the tricky part is finding a material that can cope with the heat.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
shark99 said:
HI there, i know theres been loads of posts about painting brake calipers, but does anybody know where i could get the decal/transfer with the mg logo and 3 lines at either side??
I know on ebay they have single mg logo, was just wondering if somebody has an exact copy of the ap brake calipers>

Many thanks, Neil.
I had some decal stickers on my old `F` and TBH they lasted well and still looked decent after a year or so!.

The ones I had were just the MG logo........ Its not possible to fit ones like the APs as there is not enough room on the standard calipers to take the logo with the lines either side!!..

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
another suggestion on ebay they sell "XPOWER" which is the mg racing group looks nice and u can have it in any colour you want! =) i bought a few yet to fit them onto the calipers but bythe looks of it it looks slighty to big to fit onto the back calipers , i'll have to let you know tho as i wil lbe fitting them when i paint the calipers and change the brake pads =) (next week)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your help. I think i'll just get the standard MG logo and have a look about for white lines to get it as close to the ap calipers as pos.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
here's a thought, the ebayer who makes mg logo's. some will obviously do it themself with a cutting machine. you could ask them to just cut you a few lines? you'd have to get measurements first and they'd prob charge you but just a thought! =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts