MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_6_magnette
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the bleed order? I've replaced brake fluid and gravity bled rear passenger rear driver front passenger front driver but I think this order is wrong. Brake pedal does not feel as firm any more and I was careful not to allow the master cylinder to run dry.

I also replaced rear pads. Had the bleeder open whilst pushing piston back, but I did not clamp the fuel line. Should I have? Cheers.

Mg6 Magnette 2011 petrol 1.8 turbo.

·
Registered
mg_tf
234 Posts
Always in order of distance from the master cylinder. Furthest first ending with nearest.
You should not normaly have to open the the bleed nipple when pushing the wheel cylinder back.
Did you have someone to hold the brake pedal "down" while you closed the nipple?

·
Registered
mg_6_magnette
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I cracked the bleeder open to prevent old fluid from being pushed back into the system when pressing the caliper pistons back into their housing.

I need to bleed again in the correct order.

Pedal was up when I closed the bleeder. I assume there wasn't any air seen was fluid was dripping out, and had been for 10 minutes (gravity bleeding).

When the engine is off, the brake pedal becomes hard if I press it a few times. I know this is normal. But my question is, does it make a difference to the bleed process if the pedal has been pressed (pedal is hard) prior to bleeding the system? Will the built up pressure aid bleeding?

I thought to myself, maybe it will build up the pressure which will push air out better and prevent air from entering the master cylinder or ABS unit.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts