MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought a low mileage (40k) 2013 MG6 to replace the 200 bubble diesel I've used for the last 18+ years, and so far (3 weeks in) I'm a happy enough bunny. What I would like from any other owners is (i) advice on what to keep an eye on, (ii) any details on the 2 safety recalls, so I can check for myself if they have been done, and (iii) the heated rear window button lights up but the rear window doesn't seem to demist - the fuse is ok; is there anything else that I should be checking? relay, wiring connections etc?
Cheers.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Clean up terminal for signal wire on starter solenoid and grease it to prevent future corrosion.

Take spark plug cover off and check for sparks from the coil packs when revving engine (easier to see in low light conditions). Or remove coil packs and inspect for "witness" marks from previous arching. Coil packs & ignition leads are standard K series.

Grease all the cables on the window regulators and door handle pulls. Spray silicone grease into the door lock mechanisms. Regulator wires rust and door lock mechanisms seize.

If it is a hatch check in the spare wheel well for water ingress, usually light seals or the main door seal.

I have done 128k miles in mine and everything else has been normal car wear.

Oil filter is standard K series.
Front disk & pads are MGZT (not 190).
Rear disks and pads are MGZT 190.

Headlight bulbs are a pain to change, if fitted incorrectly they will melt bulb holder and it will fail mot & need new headlights. Better to remove bumper that way you can see they are fitted properly, do them both even if only one has failed.

Shouldn't loose coolant or oil between services.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts