MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning on a two week road trip down through France, Switzerland, Austria and back through Germany in the TF, however we need a little extra luggage space than is currently available.

I have seen quite a few boot racks available for our MG, does anybody have any comments about good or bad ones ?

Also, is there such a thing as a small 'roof' box that will fit on the boot rack so to keep the small bags safe and secure inside ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
That is really strange. I have been slyly looking at roof boxes wondering if there is a small one suitable for clamping to the boot. This is for my July Italy tour and my wifes fear that she won't have a thing to wear. Can you clamp a wardrobe to the roof??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont think she will be too chuffed with any of the solutions, havent had a lot of luck with tyre goo....

Oh well maybe a towbar and trailer is the way forward..... Nice......!

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Oh well maybe a towbar and trailer is the way forward..... Nice......!
Read somwhere that the Longbridge engineers reconed it wasn't possible to ever fit a towbar to an F. Not enough body strength. :(

That said, I'm toying with the idea of bolting a light bar onto the subframe to carry a few bits to track days.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
I should imagine so, but I was gonna buy one anyway. It just seems a bit neater and more secure than a suitcase bungyed on.

The original post asked if there was a top box etc that would fit to the boot rack.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts