MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get some tools out my car yesterday and opened the boot as usual, then about half an hour later went to put them back. Again i opened the boot as usual, by unlocking the car with the remote and then just pushing the lock in at the back.

About an hour later i tried to get into the boot again by following the same set routine but after unlocking the car i pushed the button in on the boot lid and nothing happened. The button does go in, and the lock DEFINATLY does seem to lock and unlock as i can clearly hear it. But it just wont open for nothing.

I even tried to open it with the keys and whilst the key turns both ways quite freely it cant get the boot open.

What the hells gone wrong and what can i do to put it right?

Cheers.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
The solonoid for the lock isnt pulling the lock bolt out, I can tell you that much, not sure how you would go about getting to it though, not sure you can take the cover off the boot door with it closed, you will have to take the parcel shelf out and have a look.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Phil

Well this is more strange than it going bust.

I know the same thing has happened on my Vectra before but we have always managed to open that with the key after a few attempts. However the key wasnt doing anything to open the Rover up.

But yesterday after unlocking the car as usual i just thought id see what happens if i tried to open the boot lid and hey presto, it opened as if nothing was wrong with it. So i closed it and tried to open it again, and hey presto, it didnt open the second time so it was back to square 1.

But i opened it after work today and it opened up twice, havent tried it a third time but what it will do is any 1's guess.

Im guessing something is jamming somewhere and then releasing somewhere but what am i looking at?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts