MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone who has an F take a photo of there boot/bonnet light as shown in this link please, same angle if poss, but a better pic. Its the bottom end detail, looking at the pic, that I'm interested in, but it must be from an F, not a TF. I've a feeling that something is missing/broken off the one I've been sent, just want to make doublely sure before I make contact with the sellar. Cheers peeps :D

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
petevick said:
Could someone who has an F take a photo of there boot/bonnet light as shown in this link please, same angle if poss, but a better pic. Its the bottom end detail, looking at the pic, that I'm interested in. I've a feeling that something is missing/broken off the one I've been sent, just want to make doublely sure before I make contact with the sellar. Cheers peeps :D
Pete.

I have (somewhere) a spare footwell light you can have........ only problem is they are slightly smaller than the bonnet opening (Same connection though)

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
It does look like something is missing from memory but unfortunately I can't nip out to the car as I'm stuck at work.

Those lights are actually old Austin parts. They even still have the Austin logo on them. And are hugely available from pretty much any breakers yard.

Sorry I can't be any more help. :(

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marl.L said:
Pete.

I have (somewhere) a spare footwell light you can have........ only problem is they are slightly smaller than the bonnet opening (Same connection though)
thanks for the offer Mark, but I bought this off Ebay, the lens is cracked in two places and there's nothing to retain the holder in the bonnet at one end, so I wanna make sure what an F one should look like before I start firing guns. I should have stuck to plan A and visite a scrapys :shake:

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BPR160 said:
This is the boot light Pete
and thats the same as mine, what I've been sent is very similar, but has a single centre leccy pickup, where in your pic its a double type jobby, and the two plastic retaining clips to the right of the first pic are not there, looks/feels like they've been snapped off !!.......gggrrrrrrrRRRRRRR

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
krisxf said:
Yikes!!! I've just seen how much you paid for it! :eek:mg2:
don't remind me :slap: I usually check up, but saw it with minutes to go so I thought it was worth a punt :shake:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts