MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought Id show ya'll my boost gauge installation. Hope it inspires some people to install one.

After lots of um-ing and ar-ing, I decided to put it where I can see it.

Got the holder from fleabay for about £3 it fits perfect on the dash lip above the steering wheel. Didnt even need to screw it. :D

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Nice, very original install you got there!

It'd probably bother me as it seems a bit in the way of the other dials though?

What we really should do is tap into that lcd thing you got going in the background.... ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From the driving position its really not in the way at all.

I should of taken a snap from eye line, not from a dwarfs pov lol

Ive tried using my HTC Desire and an APP called Torque over OBD to use as a digital gauge, for most things RPM, SPEED, Air Intake Temp, Water Temp all works lovely, except for Boost :(

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That's a shame, but it's not a bad install anywho. Much better than mine which is a boost gauge pretty much 'jammed' against the windscreen!

(Haven't been able to find any suitable mount for it, but the need for a boostgauge totally outweighs the need for it to be pretty).

Turborevs do a carbon effect pod for the 400 (apparently) but 1) I don't like carbon and 2) turborevs sells dumpvalves for diesels amongst other tat and I don't feel great subsidising such sellers.

The 200 arch pods don't fit, so might end up doing something similar! (or I might look into sticking an lcd where my broken clock is).

On the whole though, nice effort, looks very flash.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turborevs do a carbon effect pod for the 400 (apparently) but 1) I don't like carbon and 2) turborevs sells dumpvalves for diesels amongst other tat and I don't feel great subsidising such sellers.
LOL!!! Agreed!!

Thanks mate glad you like it. I live in expectation of what your next project will be! Im already on the list to buy one of your VNT controllers when you market them.

Ive often thought there should be a LCD/LED boost gauge, thats just a screen rather than a 52mm round bulky thang.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150532195287&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Linky for anyone interested in photod holder

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
yeah any gen on the pod? I fettled a universal (ie universal in as much as it doesn't fit any cars at all lol) pod to fit, and the results aren't too bad, but I'd like one that fits properly. Carbon effect can be sprayed matte black :lol:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Can you get a pic from the drivers eye view? Im looking at a guage holder, one that attaches to the A-Post in the car but its quite expensive for what it is (About £27).

If you can see the other dials clearly then i mite go for this one :)

Also how long did it take you to get it all up and working?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Yes Storm its the exact same :) It even comes with a little wood effect sticker, I didnt use that, but would suit Rovers nicely
Cool, thanks for putting the pics up, i think i will get one of these. How exactly does it fit in above the steering wheel column?

Also, when you are sat in the car and you look at the dashboard, are all dials visable? It looks mostly visable from the pics but just wanna make sure :)

Rep +.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It simply grips onto the dashboard just about the steering column. The gap between the gauge and the holders screw bracket is almost exactly the same size as the thinkness of the plastic. :D

Im 6ft and can see all the dials clearly, the only thing I cant see, is that little red light. But if I move my head to the side I can see it..... if needed :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts