MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It will be soon - we are in the process of changing some of the bolts as we weren't happy you could apply the torque we wanted.

Just making sure we have a great product to launch!

·
Registered
cityrover
311 Posts
Hi, sorry I understand this is an old post, but as they are now available will they fit a 51 reg Rover 25 1.6 IL ?

Cracking looking product and would love the conversion :)

Regards,
Luke_o
-----

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hi, sorry I understand this is an old post, but as they are now available will they fit a 51 reg Rover 25 1.6 IL ?

Cracking looking product and would love the conversion :)

Regards,
Luke_o
-----
If you are desperate we have a few mk1 kits available in black otherwise the mk2 struts will be ready in a couple of weeks...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've seen the facebook pictures; will these struts fit differently on the bonnet? It seems so.. and it seems they fit on a strange point, don't they?
Won't they be pushing too hard on the bonnet structure considering where they fit?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I've seen the facebook pictures; will these struts fit differently on the bonnet? It seems so.. and it seems they fit on a strange point, don't they?
Won't they be pushing too hard on the bonnet structure considering where they fit?
It'[s a much simpler design, allowing easier fitting and better price. They use no more force than the previous gas struts and the force is directed into the reinforced bonnet hinge structure. There shouldn't be any problems! :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
It'[s a much simpler design, allowing easier fitting and better price. They use no more force than the previous gas struts and the force is directed into the reinforced bonnet hinge structure. There shouldn't be any problems! :)
No more force? Then how can they lift the bonnet considering where they fit now?
The "older" ones fitted on the bonnet more or less on the middle witch is a "safe" place (for me) for the job.
If the new one lift the bonnet on the edge, they must have much more strength to lift it, don't they?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I got it now. The struts fits on the bonnet hinge as you mentioned :)
Nevertheless, the lifters must have more strength to lift it up from that point :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts