MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
formerly thewigster
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best way to bolt it down?

would you bolt it through the boot carpert (looks neat and tidy)

would you lift the carpert up then bolt down the changer, that would mean there would be a bit of carpert that would be lifted up beside the changer (not a tidy look)

or would you cut around the cd changer
another good look but when you remove the changer some carpert will be missing

if its bolted through the boot carpert that would mean it would be a bit harder to get to the spare wheel as the corner carpert wont lift up

also when it goes for mot would they need to lift the whole boot carpert up to see if there is any rust etc

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
whats the best way to bolt it down?

would you bolt it through the boot carpert (looks neat and tidy)

would you lift the carpert up then bolt down the changer, that would mean there would be a bit of carpert that would be lifted up beside the changer (not a tidy look)

or would you cut around the cd changer
another good look but when you remove the changer some carpert will be missing

if its bolted through the boot carpert that would mean it would be a bit harder to get to the spare wheel as the corner carpert wont lift up

also when it goes for mot would they need to lift the whole boot carpert up to see if there is any rust etc
Why not fit under the passenger set like the manufacturer originally did??

·
formerly thewigster
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want it in the boot the rover never came with a cd changer so how would it go under there

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
ive got a alpine CHA S634 its nice and small
Thats the same dimensions as the standard Alpine changer. You should easily be able to buy the brackets to mount under the seat.

It consists of 1 large plate which bolts to the seat and two small brackets which fit to the changer and allow it to locate, slide onto the larger bracket an bolt up.

I may have the above in my garage as I have fitted / removed a few changers in my time.

Regards,

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts