MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you seen those new bollards that are child shape ,they have them now around local schools,

·
Banned
7,851 Posts
Thanks for the warnings folks..........they could've caught me out if I was going for a 'high score'........I'll stick to OAPs with sticks and mums with prams, to be on the safe side. ;)

Jeff.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
298 Posts
Thanks for the warnings folks..........they could've caught me out if I was going for a 'high score'........I'll stick to OAPs with sticks and mums with prams, to be on the safe side. ;)

Jeff.

Yeah, these ones look like they'll actally do some damage to the car and not just roll harmlesley over your car!

How inconsiderate of them... would probably be cheaper and easier on the cars to use real kids!

C!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I'm sorry but that would scare the hell out of me to see after a night out!
Aggreed mate! Like some thing you would get in a Dr Who episode ....

Dont seem like a great idea either.... a child could hide behind 1 and jump straight into the road, a driver wouldnt see the child as they would be hidden by the bollard until it is too late!

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
looks more like a freaky Dr Who set to me :err:....and that 'black' one looks totally wrong, if they have to have a coloured one at least make it look life like, instead it looks like its been dipped in chocolate....or is that me :err:...same wit the white kid further back....Milky Bar kid or what :lol:

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
Whoever thought this up is retarded.

Ruin another road why don't you. They've just put speed ramps on a main road where I live - and they've offset them from each other so it looks like you're driving an assault course and everyones coming towards you on your side of the road.

Idiot pen-pushers.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
looks more like a freaky Dr Who set to me :err:....and that 'black' one looks totally wrong, if they have to have a coloured one at least make it look life like, instead it looks like its been dipped in chocolate....or is that me :err:...same wit the white kid further back....Milky Bar kid or what :lol:
:rofl: so true..looks like a lindor bunny-person.

Thinking about it, these must be britain's first Ethnically Diverse Bollards! Deffo look like Dr Who extras :err:

at least they could serve as a honeypot to trap unsuspecting predators at night :dunno: don't see why they wouldnt make them jelly baby/cartoony like so they didn't looks quite so 'creepy'. or maybe they were going for the same effect as that Think advert where the kid haunts the guy who ran him over (creepy, creepy advert!)

How long d'ya think they'll last before someone writes ''10 Points'' on the foreheads?

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
I reckon they will have cameras, and speed traps and all sorts ofspying gadgetry built into them, and secret mobile phone masts.

I am not paranoid, I just think everyone else thinks I am

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a real problem with these bollards. When driving, if a child is near the road, you will notice (even unconsciously) and be more prepared should a child run in the road. With these bollards, over time, the unconscious mind will disregard the image of children, and then when a real child is standing by the road, the brain won't be conditioned to be careful anymore.

These bollards will make drivers confused, and increase their reaction time. They are (in the opinion of a psychology graduate) unsafe.
And embarrasing. Find out which local councillors supported them and make them unemployed at the next council elections.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts