MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've got brand new in the box Toyosports Stainless Steel Manifold to fit a 1995 to 2000 VVC F. My garage tried to fit it, but unfortunately my car as an import has air-con which meant that the manifold didn't fit. The manifold is unmarked and is as new. They retail on ebay for sale by Toyosports new at £199 ,so I'm looking for a sensible offer. Please get in touch if you're interested. Paypal preferred, will send by Courier or Parcelforce next day after payment received. Thanks

Link on ebay to them new:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MGF-1-8-V..._CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5a3ec8db#ht_794wt_754

Stainless Steel T-304 Exhaust Manifold designed to fit
MG-ROVER MGF MK1 1.8i VVC 09/1995-2000.
1796 CC, 118 HP, 87 KW
1796 CC, 143 HP,105KW

Features:
Mandrel Bent T-304 Stainless Steel.
This Exhaust Manifold is Mirror Polished.
Improve throttle response & Housepower by 7-15 BHP
Gaskets, bolts & hangers are included.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Will this fit a Trophy 160? If so, I think I may make an offer...
PM Slippy he knows a lot about these, I know the 2000 on one fits an MGF as thats what slippy and I have, but I think there was a problem with trying to fit the pre 2000 one to a tf. although I may be wrong. but slips would know.:broon:

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
PM Slippy he knows a lot about these, I know the 2000 on one fits an MGF as thats what slippy and I have, but I think there was a problem with trying to fit the pre 2000 one to a tf. although I may be wrong. but slips would know.:broon:
I thought Slippy had aircon which was what made him swear more about fitting it lol?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will be putting this on ebay tonight as a ten day auction to finish the following Sunday if anyone is interested - I will post the link when up. Thanks for reading, please get in touch if you have any questions. Thanks

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I have a 1997 VVC with aircon & I have the TF version of this manifold as Steve says. My car was a UK car that spent its early years in Holland & then came back to the UK.

I cant see why it wont fit, AFAIK the only difference with an aircon car is the alternator has to be removed to fit the manifold & then replace the alternator. A local garage did mine & said it was straight forward.

Did they say why it wont fit?? Try another garage??

Why wont it fit the Trophy?

The TF version will fit an F but an F version may not fit a TF because of the different suspension set up on the TF.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I cant see why it wont fit, AFAIK the only difference with an aircon car is the alternator has to be removed to fit the manifold & then replace the alternator. A local garage did mine & said it was straight forward.
Yes, that's what I understand - that the alternator was hitting the manifold or something. They're a very good garage so I can't see why they'd mess up, they have a good racing pedigree and reputation. I'm pcking the car up today but unfortunately the machanic's now off on holiday but I'll see if I can find anything more out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts