MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was on the M1 today going up to Wakefield, when I was tailgated by a flashy BMW Turbonutterbartsteward Convertible. I was doing about 75mph, & He was very keen to get past so I pulled over and let him by mumbling about what an idiot he was, but he obviously does it regularly as his number plate was TH4NX - which I thought was very polite of him.

·
Registered
36,458 Posts
Just reading the thread title made me think of the time some years ago when I overtook a 205 1.9 GTi in a Volvo 340 on a country A-road. Not the sort of thing you would normally want to do. In fact, to avoid aggro, I would often prefer to stay behind the racer, in second gear!

The biggest surprise was he didn't accelerate while he was being passed.

The worst tailgater is a Porsche Cayenne, which, on its approach, resembles nothing so much as a rocket-powered church (both in dimension and in aerodynamic) and eclipses the daylight from you while you are overtaking a lorry at 70...

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
patpending said:
The worst tailgater is a Porsche Cayenne, which, on its approach, resembles nothing so much as a rocket-powered church (both in dimension and in aerodynamic) and eclipses the daylight from you while you are overtaking a lorry at 70...
Except a church is usually architectually elegant and interesting and often has a long history behind it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Years ago we had a Series III Land Rover with a large engine. Up to about 50mph it was exceedingly quick. We used to enjoy boy racers in GTi's and the like coming up beside us at traffice lights going 'brum, brum' only to be left spluttering in the dust. It did do its proper job very well too.

Malcolm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts