MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do these cars look so ****. The styling really sucks. The boot looks like it was stuck on and all the lines don't flow. Horrid. In fact Anna horriblis.

Give me a 75 or ZT anytime.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
saw a one series from a rear 3/4 view today ....it was one fugly car!!! It really is awful. Give me a rover 100 anyday!!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats amazing is we brits will buy the 1, 3 and 5 by the bucket load so we'll have something that looks like a Ford Classic and just as dated to put up with for many years. If it said Daewoo on the front no one would look at it. Build is good but its styling is yuk.

BMW must be laughing and laughing loud at we Brits.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
The 1 Series is a complete pile of **** and I really want to **** the people who have actually bought one.

Anyone who does is just being a vain plonker who wants a penis extension in the shape of blue and silver Propellor badge. Its this attitude of buying a car to buy that car... Makes me sick. I'm surw BMW are laughing all the way to the Bank.

I'm just waiting for this new BMW van they are going to make and to see Company nearly cripple themselves just to buy a small fleet of them...

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Bazzer_Mcbead said:
Makes me sick. I'm sure BMW are laughing all the way to the Bank.
You're probably right on that. Apparently we so called "Brits" provide the Bavarian mob with 30% of their European sales profits!! Just think about that for a moment. That means the remaining 70% is spread over a large number of other European countries which surely includes the Fatherland...

This means that the mugs here in the UK actually form queues to pay well over the odds for a product which sells for far less elsewhere.

What further puzzles me is that the Bavarian product, since they started building down towards Ford Mondeo prices (So, what price diminishing build quality? - are there increasing signs of that? - check the websites - there are!) is that they are more common on UK roads than Fords now. Locally there are shed loads of them..... common as muck truly. Is it the same in your neck of the woods?

Someone some years ago on an MG BBS website far, far away..... coined the name for them all: "Bavarian Sierras" .... spot on ... never a truer word...:)

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I don't like B*W and totally agree with what's said above. In particular it's shocking that 30% of their profits coming from this country.

However, I have a lot of time for the 5 series styling-wise. And I think the new 3 looks pretty good too.

Spotted one on the road yesterday (a new 3). Me and the gf were commenting on how nice it looks. She suggested i consider one as an upgrade over the ZS180. I pointed out two things to her:

1) I'd probably need to spend 30k to get the level of performance I'm used to

2) I'd never buy one anyway :irked:

·
Registered
446 Posts

Thanks to SniffPetrol.com

It's a market research experiment by BMW. If we make a really awful looking car, will those foolish Englanders still buy it because of the badge?

With the Megane the foolish rosbifs bought the ugly car DESPITE the badge.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I think the new 3 series is one bold design and i quite like it, prefer the 6 series Coupe better though, especially the new m6 Coupe 507bhp v10 engine :cloud9:

I know what you mean though, that there are a lot of them on the roads now. But at the end of the day its just people's choice tbh, I don't see as many mercs on the road as i used to though. . .

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
At the end of the day, its evening.

And when its evening and there isn't much light, BMW's current range doesn't look that bad.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
/\:rotflmao:mad:andy/\

Personally, although I wouldn't have one I do quite like the past 3s, but the Banglisation of the range does kinda ruin it. With cars like the 1series and X3 I like to adopt the 'point and laugh' approach, to which I have received some pretty narked looks :lol:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Greg said:
I like to adopt the 'point and laugh' approach, to which I have received some pretty narked looks :lol:
Good strategy!

People really do want shooting for buying those things...

I actually did this involuntarily a few months back. I was stopped in traffic in the M6, looked left and there was a 1-series directly across from me. Without even thinking I just burst out laughing at it. He saw me too...

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
It's the point that singles them out and says "You! I'm laughing at YOU nutsack...!" - they absolutely HATE it :rotflmao:

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Greg said:
It's the point that singles them out and says "You! I'm laughing at YOU nutsack...!" - they absolutely HATE it :rotflmao:
I just wish there was some way of letting them know that all they need is a hat and they'd look like Tom Hanks in Road to Perdition :rotflmao:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
679 Posts
Just seen a new 3 series in the flesh. And it looks like a Korean styled car, and a bad one at that. I thought with the bangleisms toned down it might actually look quite nice but it's yet another BMW without any co-herence in its design. Don't suppose it'll stop it selling in huge numbers though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
MGJohn said:
You're probably right on that. Apparently we so called "Brits" provide the Bavarian mob with 30% of their European sales profits!! Just think about that for a moment. That means the remaining 70% is spread over a large number of other European countries which surely includes the Fatherland...
I think they make about 50 % of their sales right here in Germany. And the styling grows on you (very slowly though, I must admit).

Just look at the BMW 507!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I saw a Vauxhall Astra Estate (new shape) a couple of days ago. I thought I saw one again today on the Blackwall Tunnel approach only to find it was a BMW 1-series....... shame really, brings down the tone of how good the Astra is.

What do you think:

BMW 1-series:

Vauxhall Astra:

This does lead to one interesting idea though. Over the years we've seen a Rally and Touring Car version of the Astra, Golf (even a diesel), Pug 306/7, Focus and many others........ will we be see the humour of a RWD BMW 1-series on the race track or even more amusing, one being rallyed??

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I dunno...The back of the Astra seems a bit clumsy, but something about the One-Series just seems so.....dated!

Dont know what it is, but it just does'nt look fresh...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts