MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:tjthedj:i want to install blue lights behind my speedo and dash... can this be done and where can i get the bulbs from ??, i currently have a blue display stereo and blue neons in the footwells,the only ****e looking thing is the red dash display.. HELP !!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Does the 100 have front lighting?

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Earlier Rovers have lighting coming from the top of the dial pod in front of the dials as well as supplimental back lighting.

Late ones were only back lighting.

The former is easier to get the lighting colour changed on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill try to open the dash to have look.. any idea how i get to the dash lights ?,i have a 1995 'm' reg rover metro 1.1sli. thanx

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are lit from the top - like having the light projected onto the dial faces. l changed them to blue/lilac using neon paint in my old Metro GTa. Also did the needles red ao looked very VW

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Dead easy then if they are front lit units.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what type of neon paint did u use? (on the bulbs?),and where can i get my hands on some?. thanx

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
lt was neon bulb paint from Ebay, can probably buy the correct LEDs for the job now as that was a few years ago
you can buy blue UV LED that fit stright in for a pound each of LED websites, theres 2 on the metro dash that need to be swapped, I got some in my Rover 600 and they cost 3 quid with postage new. you cannot change the orange in the dash if you have a rev counter as its built in but looks good al the same. The metro with out a rev counter dont have any back light numbers, only downlights which are where to sawp the bulbs for LEDs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts