MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening people, I bought a mgtf 135 Friday I serviced it over the weekend and took it to will at SAWS (top guy cracking job) however I have a tick when I first hit the throttle it seems to go as I go through the Rev range but it’s annoying all the same and I think I’m down a little on power too. Thinking it could be the exhaust blowing but can’t see anything. Any ideas or thoughts greatly appreciated as it’s driving me nuts after just 5 days 🙄

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Evening people, new here and first post.

I bought a mgtf 135 last Friday I serviced it over the weekend (oil, filter, spark plugs, ignition leads, coolant change) and took it to will at SAWS for a remap (top guy cracking job) he did a diagnostic and check on the engine and it was running at 98% which Will said was spot on. however I have a tick when I first hit the throttle it seems to go as I go through the Rev range unless the engine is drowning it out.... but it’s annoying all the same and I think I’m down a little on power too. Thinking it could be the exhaust blowing but can’t see anything. Any ideas or thoughts greatly appreciated as it’s driving me nuts after just 5 days 🙄

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
It reads like you have driven it hard for a bit (why would you remap a 135..If you want power, then buy a 160..?) Now, unless Ive miss-read your intent, if it had been tuned over the weekend after not being used for a while, then all manner of things might have occured.
I had a 160 and the flexi-pipe split due to the rotational forces of the engine and poor condition of the torque-arm. I didnt drive it hard, but it ran odd till i changed the exhaust system.
Any 'miss' is generally, but not always leads. trouble is they are coil-packs and not cheap.
The 'first hit the throttle' experssion leads me to think you might have the same issue I had, but I dont know if the smaller engine has the flexi-pipe.

·
Registered
rover_75
103 Posts
Evening people, new here and first post.

I bought a mgtf 135 last Friday I serviced it over the weekend (oil, filter, spark plugs, ignition leads, coolant change) and took it to will at SAWS for a remap (top guy cracking job) he did a diagnostic and check on the engine and it was running at 98% which Will said was spot on. however I have a tick when I first hit the throttle it seems to go as I go through the Rev range unless the engine is drowning it out.... but it’s annoying all the same and I think I’m down a little on power too. Thinking it could be the exhaust blowing but can’t see anything. Any ideas or thoughts greatly appreciated as it’s driving me nuts after just 5 days 🙄
As Patm said mine cracked at the flexi joint at only 55000 miles

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
When my garage fitted a new cambelt, they adjusted it too tight (my car is a VVC so has a manual adjuster). Every time the throttle was opened there was a metallic tick. After readjustment, all was fine. Obviously, the tick came from underneath the cam belt cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts