MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i have a new car (thought i wouldnt let you know :p) Silver 45...bloody headunit from my old car flatly refuses to fit into the new beast...do i really have to hack away at the plastic back of the stereo slot?...i cant get the stereo in with the adapters and i know for a fact my phono leads wont fit :( so does it really really have to be cut?..or is there a super secret way?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
it can be abit of a mission to get an aftermarket unit in. try and take the glovebox out, and pull the cables through from the back and give it a really hard push from the front.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was hopeing it didnt come to that....time to start shredding my hands then....well i guess thats what you get for buying a nicer car lol..ill miss my 200 but onwards and upwards...cheers for the help guys

if anyone has any other ideas then let me know and ill try to reply whislt stemming the flow of blood from my hands

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can see me starting to hate my car...upfront components wont fit..too deep and foul the window....headunits a PITA to fit now i wonder where im gonna run the wires for my sub....but it wont be vibrating the car to pieces this time

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
IDK if the 45 is the same as a 400 but subs are so easy on this car.

There is a grommit by the passenger side on the bulkhead that is good to run the power through, it comes straight under the carpet!! Route it round the plastic trim and then through/under the plastic kick strips as they have a groove under them (speakers one side poer and remote lead the other as you cant do it all through on as the groove isnt big enough) then the same on the back kick strips. Under the carpet and into the boot - no more than an hours work for all wires to be hidden!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ok I have fitted an aftermarket one to my 400 and it wouldn't fit. it felt like it was hitting the back of the slot, however, it iturned out to be the ariel cable not being long enough.

On mine the cable comes in at the front of the space on the RHS under the clock, I cut the clip that holds it and pulled the wire out of the box (access from under the steering column), and rerouted it so that it enters the box from the rear (RHS). I then plugged it all in, wiggled my iso connectors out of the way and wedged them in the hole at the back on the LHS, and pushed the unit straight in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts