MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd straighten out the receiver wire today as documented by SF. Removed the passenger foot well panel, looked, looked harder, no coil of yellow wire. Remove driver side foot well panel, still no coil of yellow wire. Could MGR moved the wire to another location :confused:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Pete,
I went to do this mod on my MY2000 F some time ago and couldn't find the coil of wire either. I think that I found it already straightened out, so MG had beaten me to it. Maybe they read these Forums as well :lol:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I tried that a couple of weeks ago, and gave up! In the end I replaced the battery in the blipper.

The last word from SF was that it was in the wiring loom, wrapped. I didn't want to split the wrap and make a mess, so I just left it as it was.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mattcymru said:
excuse my ignorance, but what is the problem with the receiver wire???
no problem, its just if you uncoil the wire (assuming you can find it !!), it increases the range of the blipper by a few yards - allegedly.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Exactly as Pete said at the top.

remove the passenger side footwell panel (3 screws, care with the footwell light). There should be a coiled length of wire about a foor long. Straighten the wire out, lay it forwards, tape it in place. Replace the panel.

Made a difference to my F when I had it. Haven't felt the need to try it on the TF as range is already better.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
lifted from earlier threads:

My remote seem to work at longer range when held near my right ear. Not sure about the left. Is it to do with capacitance of the body acting as a ground plane - I'm sure some-one is going to put me right
It looks slightly less stupid if you hold the blipper against your chin
You are right, the blipper is using your body as an extension to the aerial, thus the range increases (a bit).

You can also take off the passenger side footwell panel (2 philips head screws), find the coiled up yellow wire and tape it out straight vertically. This is the 'receiver' aerial and it works better uncoiled. Again, it only increases the range 'a bit' - but every little helps (sound like a Tesco ad...)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks Sprinter....My Hero! I shall worry my husband and start pulling bits of my 'F' apart.......all in the name of a couple of extra inches....well you have to get what you can!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Sprinter said:
lifted from earlier threads:
Phil holds it under his chin...it certainly does work, although it does worry me that maybe this will have some long term effect on his brain. And as he is my responsible adult that just wouldn't do.

:sad2:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Lorna said:
Phil holds it under his chin...it certainly does work
Took me a while to work out which post you were responding to!!!

Lorna said:
... although it does worry me that maybe this will have some long term effect on his brain. And as he is my responsable adult that just wouldn't do.

I suspect that being your 'responsible adult' is more likely to have a long term effect on Phil's brain than the MGF blipper.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OT Police here, stop highjacking my thread with all your sexual inuendo type talking please, thankyou. *runs away before the flack hits*

1 - 20 of 32 Posts