MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Did the repair on the slave clutch cylinder today. Think I've done it right after a lot of swearing and sweating. The knackered seal in the piston jammed half out so had to remove the slave cylinder housing first as I couldn't get the clevis pin arrangement out. Grr.

As a result of all this and some woeful (non) reading of instructions for the Gunson bleed kit I think I've ended up with air in the master cylinder.

To bleed this do I just need to disconnect the metal hose that goes in the top?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
mgf
3,976 Posts
Which metal hose?
You bleed with the Gunson by putting Gunsons cap when the original is sitting now and then hooking it up the your reserve tyre and opening the bleed point on the slave cylider, mine took around 3 DL before bubble free fluid came though. Be sure to put the tube provided on the bleed scew and lead that into a coke bottle ot the likes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which metal hose?
You bleed with the Gunson by putting Gunsons cap when the original is sitting now and then hooking it up the your reserve tyre and opening the bleed point on the slave cylider, mine took around 3 DL before bubble free fluid came though. Be sure to put the tube provided on the bleed scew and lead that into a coke bottle ot the likes.
Thats what I had been doing only I didn't put as much fluid through as you mentioned.

I was getting fluid through the other end but so thought I'd done it. However clutch pedal was still unpressurised so I assumed I must have air in master cylinder.

Will be giving it another go at the weekend I think as will be more patient then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts