MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being on very good talking terms with my local dealer here in france, i just rang them to tell them the news and was told that MG Rover France contacted them yesterday afternoon to tell them to ignore what they see and hear about the deal. The deal is signed and will go ahead. It's to get the gouvernement to react.

What do you think ?

I've been away for a few days and I come back to this. I am GOBSMACKED.

Pete

G

·
Elements of the deal have been signed. I don't think its quite over yet - but then again i'm only reiterating what I've heard

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would imagine PVH own the IPRs, and i would imagine that they have already completed a large chunk of business..

Apparantly Reuters is saying there is money on the way this morning??

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Had a somewhat sleepless night to mull things over.

I'm pretty sure there's money there, it's part of a restructured business to keep BMW sweet. Seems strange to me that SAIC would not realise this. Seems strange that MGR would not let them into their little secret.

Then the press publicise the loan business. First MGR don't want it, then they do. Hmmm. First the government won't help, then they will. Someone's playing games.

The next day (yesteday) and we see the end of the world unfolding before our eyes.

Seems strange that we have an unnecessary payment problem coinciding with a (routine) production stoppage, and it's banner headlines all over the media as would be expected concidering MGR was already no. 2 in the news (Camilla who?).

Would the Dti get it so wrong? They say receivership, but it's not even definitely administration. Wouldn't you call in advisors if an important deal had fallen through? Or maybe they engineered this as well...It all goes back to the question of the money. Where's it all gone?

So can the deal be saved?

Or do PVH want to go it alone - with a little bit of government help...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts