MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rite

I have a Wreg 75 so that means black sills and I had them painted when I brought the car but on the passengers side under the front wing the paint is starting to peal.
What I wanted to know will the black plastic coating peel off?

If I got a heat gun do you think this will work?

Its pained 100% under the seal but not too sure how far down?

Also

I read on here a while ago about these new washers that stop the noises from the rear shocks? What should I ask if I were going to order these from a dealer?

I sat in the back of my car for the first time while driving and I can hear some sort of noise

MikeM?

Thax
Alex

:=p:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
It may be a rear bush and not the shocks Alex. I had one changed about a couple of years back - it's a BMW part - I can try and dig out the invoice to get the part number and from there you should be able to locate the one I am referring to.

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But it’s like a knocking sound and comes 100% from both sides! You could only hear it on the rough tarmac roads from the new forest trip.

And when I was driving I could not hear it, but when I was in the back the person next to me could not hear it at all. So who knows....?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Check the mounting bush on the rear arm. That was the one that failed on mine. It was in pretty bad shape actually, lord knows why, I can only guess the material was inferior.

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To think about it someone did say that they could hear a metal clunking noise when i had the windows undone,

Will have a good look see what i can see...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Alex30013k said:
But it’s like a knocking sound and comes 100% from both sides! You could only hear it on the rough tarmac roads from the new forest trip.

And when I was driving I could not hear it, but when I was in the back the person next to me could not hear it at all. So who knows....?
Rear anti rollbar links????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts