MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Big Problem With My Rover 200 Bubble! Please Help!

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  mickaffronti 
#1 ·
on saturday my car has been really weird on me. i need your help to suggest what it could be!

i will explain below, exactly what the problem is:

1) of all, sounds like my induction kit doesnt work anymore.

2) my exhaust system doesnt sound half as loud, it doesnt sound as deep or as loud!.

3) response is slower!

4) engine sounds as if its straining, more engine noise than exhaust noise!!??

what could be the problem!???????

please help.

#7 ·
mickaffronti said:
i will explain below, exactly what the problem is:

1) of all, sounds like my induction kit doesnt work anymore.

Sounds like the engine has fallen out.

mickaffronti said:
2) my exhaust system doesnt sound half as loud, it doesnt sound as deep or as loud!.
Good. You wont sound like such a chav when you drive flat out past a bus shelter full of 14 year old girls

mickaffronti said:
3) response is slower!
Could be early signs of arthritis in your right foot?

mickaffronti said:
4) engine sounds as if its straining, more engine noise than exhaust noise!!??
Could be constipated, try Fibogel to get things moving again.

#11 ·
i will have to check it out tomorrow or something, i am very worried though.

the car runs ok but not as quick at all and sounds crap! no exhaust sound really or induction kit!

i dont know what has happened.

thanks for the posts lads.

keep em coming in if you have anymore ideas!

#17 ·
Didn't really want to suggest this.

Has the cambelt been done recently. If it has, I suspect the timing was done wrong, 1 tooth out on the cam.

If not it might be worth checking the timing anyway. My partners car (was a metro at the time) had the same symptoms and the cambelt had jumped one tooth. Needless to say we thought it pertinant to replace the belt

#19 ·
no it isnt the cambelt. had it looked at already.

last night went for a big drive to milton keyenes, now whilst i was driving there it wasnt running right and then it did. on the way back home it was loud again and running fine.

the only thing i remember was, i absoloutly filled my car up more with fuel than it could handle right, then it started after that. i never put more than 20 quid in a time, this time i put in 30 quid!

could this have made any difference? or affected something?

i am going to test it today and take it out for a bit and see if the probs persist.

my dad said hes going to check the butterfly valve and check if its opening fully... what would it catch on if it wasnt opening fully? or does it cjust clam up sometimes?

or could it be blockage in the exhaust? or is that idea rubbish?

help if u can, i appreciate it! thank you! please keep help posts coming in.

#21 ·
like steve says - it will add wieght but that is it, iv only ever had 3 full tanks of petrol and it didnt really make that much differance to normal.

Could possibley be bad quality fuel cos' my m8 had problems with his Calibra with it cutting out, lack of power etc. and it turned out the fuel filter had clogged up because of how much crap was in the petrol at a certain garage!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.