MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, spend best part of the day yesterday trying to get the code reader in the socket. But my arms are too thick, and hands too big. Peter my MG mate said I should try and kneel down, :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::love:馃グ馃槀 15 stone and 6'2'' would hardly fit in that car, even if I was 25 years old, but at 70馃槺馃槺

So has anyone come up with a cunning plan, position, or anything to help, anyone on the large side like myself? I dont want to move the fuse box (get me, knowing where the car fuse box is馃槑)?

Cheers guys

Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
What you need Richard is a small child drag one out of a chimney and get him to plug it in for you, seriously get a younger more agile neighbour to plug it in it will only take a minute. Once you've finished just run your hand down the cable to the plug and pull it out, Chris T's idea is good as a future solution but you still have the problem of plugging that in first.

Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
When plugging in the obd port I tend to sit in the drivers seat and do it by feel twisting hand/wrist to get it into place. can be difficult and a bit hit and miss but a few attempts and it fitted. not sure on hand size, but I know most watches don't have a long enough strap for me to wear on my wrist.

Registered
classic_mg
I put my hand down beside the seat of my other car, past the metalwork to pick up something dropped. I couldn鈥檛 get it out again and wondered how long I would be trapped there without the means to contact anybody.

After a lot of wiggling it around and some pain, I got it out. So that proves that what goes down won鈥檛 necessarily come up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts