MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the car,rear flat, I found a nail so need a new 215/40ZR 16 anyone in the South know were I can pick 1 up best price?.

the jack was close to useless to.

Colin

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i've been looking myself and from asking a few people it seems Bracknell Tyres are cheap or a tyre place in Binfield, Bracknell. No idea of qoutes though as bank holiday weekend

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,290 Posts
Depending where the nail is it could be repairable.

Also depending on how many miles you have done on the current rear tyres it’s advisable to change both sides at the same time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say its got about 3-4 K left on it but I'm on the careful side with tyres so I think I will change it anyway. The other end of the axle has done about 2k after finding out my rear tracking was way way out!

Colin

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Colin WW said:
I would say its got about 3-4 K left on it but I'm on the careful side with tyres so I think I will change it anyway. The other end of the axle has done about 2k after finding out my rear tracking was way way out!

Colin
Its not dangerous in any way to get it repaired. I got a MASSIVE nail straight in a tyre, got it repaired and rebalanced etc for a tenner. No problems.
If thats not a convincing argument then.....you are wasting rubber and killing cute baby squirrels!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get the wasting rubber but the squirrels? do they plug or stick an inner tube in or am I showing my age?

Colin

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Colin WW said:
I get the wasting rubber but the squirrels? do they plug or stick an inner tube in or am I showing my age?

Colin
They will put a little rubber bung in it.
The squirrel thing was a guilt trip....did it work?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
I had this nailed pulled out of my 1 week old F1, and they repaired it no problemo:

12k on and still no problems :)

IMO best place to buy tyres is www.blackcircles.com.
Mine was slightly bigger than that, and it was pointy, and it didnt bend!
I think i might win.....I just need the photo evidence.....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
ThumpJunkie said:
I had this nailed pulled out of my 1 week old F1, and they repaired it no problemo:

12k on and still no problems :)

IMO best place to buy tyres is www.blackcircles.com.
for buying tyres online maybe, but anyone should def speak to their local smaller tyre fitter where you tend to get a better service and cheaper prices for the same tyre

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
smbMG said:
for buying tyres online maybe, but anyone should def speak to their local smaller tyre fitter where you tend to get a better service and cheaper prices for the same tyre
BlackCircles are in association with a lot of smaller companies, plus the price you pay includes fitting, balancing etc. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts