MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for the best(read cheapest) place to buy a brake master cylinder for an 1996 mgf with abs. I purchased one from the local car spares shop but when I went to fit they had given me the non abs one and cannot get hold of the abs one, rimmer have them but very very expensive. Or is there somewhere that can recondition mine?. Seems very hard to even find one.

·
Registered
04 MGTF Sunstorm 135. VW Arteon RLine 2.0 TSi. Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 SE
122 Posts
Hi, looking for the best(read cheapest) place to buy a brake master cylinder for an 1996 mgf with abs. I purchased one from the local car spares shop but when I went to fit they had given me the non abs one and cannot get hold of the abs one, rimmer have them but very very expensive. Or is there somewhere that can recondition mine?. Seems very hard to even find one.
Try Victoria at the MGF & 500 Centre email [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Part number I need is sjc10007

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
259 Posts
MGOC spares are listing a seal kit GRK901096 which appears to be the one for your M/C SJC10007 I think it's out of stock but worth a call/email. Before you do, either you or the garage need to check the bores on your old M/C to see if it's good enough to take a refurb

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
259 Posts
Your profile doesn't say where you are but I visited a guy in Ripley who is an MG enthusiast but also breaks them and he had an MGF on his drive ABS? if you look on the trim clips post I gave contact details to steve55w. The guy seems to know these cars and has a turbo TF track day car himself and his prices were good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try euro car parts.

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
259 Posts
I found a site that was selling LE500 brake M/C at about £40 for lots of 5 (left over from run apparently) they are not a direct replacement on the F/TF but they might fit if you use the LE servo?
What makes me a bit worried is if your doing a limited run of 500 why would you over order?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts