MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some decent rear speakers fitted but wondered what other people reccomended for their front doors that fit straight into the existing fittings?

cheers

mark

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Assuming the stock ones aren 't blown, and that you haven't already amped the fronts, I'd spend that £60 on a cheap 2-channel amp to give the fronts some power.. that'll net a bigger increase in quality than any £60 aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Luckily the car had a full wiring kit in when i bought it, so not a bad idea. Do i just plug the Head unit to the amp or do i need to directly run a wire from the front speakers to the amp to get the increased sound quality?

·
Registered
276 Posts
ive never done it or claim to know about it, in my opinion the.... head unit to amp, amp to speakers. think about it logically, the amp gives the speaker power, the unit sends the amp the sound. one with out the other is .........................................................................................................................................................................nothing but white noise

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
ive never done it or claim to know about it, in my opinion the.... head unit to amp, amp to speakers. think about it logically, the amp gives the speaker power, the unit sends the amp the sound. one with out the other is .........................................................................................................................................................................nothing but white noise
Not exactly - the headunit has a built in amp, it's just hiddeously underpowered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts