MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, what are the best replacement headlight bulbs for the bubble 200? I got a set of the 1 pound ones off ebay and they work but only as a stop gap!

The OE ones were pretty shocking also

Anyone got any ideas?

BTW don't wanna pay loads for HID or stuff :D

Cheers

·
Registered
rover_100
233 Posts
Osram Silverstar or Philips Vision Plus (both up to 50% more light than the standard H7 bulbs, up to!), or the Philips GT150 Power2Night if you like the blueish colour.

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
45Charles111 said:
Osram Silverstar or Philips Vision Plus (both up to 50% more light than the standard H7 bulbs, up to!), or the Philips GT150 Power2Night if you like the blueish colour.
Brilliant! Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
if you want better bulbs dont get any that have a blue tint to them, you wont see any better with them, probably see less than standard. Ive found halfords super brilliance gold are quite good.Ive had them in three cars now and cant fault them especially when they are on bogof

·
Registered
919 Posts
45Charles111 said:
H4 (twin-filament) bulbs in 200 bubble!

·
Registered
919 Posts
kev25v6 said:
if you want better bulbs dont get any that have a blue tint to them, you wont see any better with them, probably see less than standard. Ive found halfords super brilliance gold are quite good.Ive had them in three cars now and cant fault them especially when they are on bogof
i used these and tbh found them to be dim especially when compared to Ring arctic white bulbs

·
Registered
rover_25
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What does the H and a number mean, ie H7 H4 H1 etc?

EDIT: I think i understand them all now, different for sidelights and different headlights etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts