MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a reliable garage in Norwich or East Anglia that could be trusted to do a Belt Change on my 75 KV6 2.0? The local dealer has quoted +£700, which made my eyes water just a bit. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Evans Halshaw in Leeds.Main Dealers. did mine last month, V6 Club 2.0 for £292 75p inc VAT / MG/Rover parts, labour, with free courtesy car or free pick up and drop off .Might be worth a nights B&B in Leeds.
Plus dealer stamp in the book.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks stree, yes Ive seen them mentioned a couple of times on this site & im seriously considering it, if I cant do better closer to home. Its amazing there could be such massive diffrences in pricing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its about 47500k. Im changing on the baisis of age, as my car was new in November 1999.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Its about 47500k. Im changing on the baisis of age, as my car was new in November 1999.
There was debate on mileage wether tensioners were replaced or not. In lower mileage vehicles this may not be required. Imo I would ask whom ever carries out your belt change at your mileage to ensure it is replaced along with the 6 bolts.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
There was debate on mileage wether tensioners were replaced or not. In lower mileage vehicles this may not be required. Imo I would ask whom ever carries out your belt change at your mileage to ensure it is replaced along with the 6 bolts.
I will spec them in personaly.Better to have them rather than worry about them

Shroon

PS

Whats ya view on the water pump Lates?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry lates, I didnt quite understand what you ment. Are you saying I should ask for new tensioners & 6 bolts along with the belts? Whats Imo?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
If there is any reasonable doubt to the sevicability of the pump I would change it otherwise if it aint broken dont fix it ;)

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Sorry lates, I didnt quite understand what you ment. Are you saying I should ask for new tensioners & 6 bolts along with the belts? Whats Imo?

imo - in my opinion.
There are places that will do the bare bones cam belt change and may not replace the tensioner and stretch bolts to keep costs down. While you are gathering prices for your job ask what materials will be used and make a judgement from that.At your present mileage I would not leave the tensioner to chance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts