MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We still have 9 places available at the Beginners Brands Hatch track evening on Tuesday 17th July.

Have you taken your MG out on a track yet ?

This is an evening totally dedicated to beginners and it really is an experience that shouldn't be missed.

No speed cameras,

No on-coming traffic,

Overtaking on the straights only, always on the left and only by consent, (The driver in front signals right and backs off to allow you to pass safely)

Instruction available...

What are you waiting for ?

Go to http://www.mgs-on-track.com/events/25/brands_hatch_2007-07-17.htm

for more details

Stu:bgrin2:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Must say i'm tempted, but whats the damage likely to be on tyres etc?

Also been losing coolant very slowly over a long time - wouldnt want to provoke a disaster!

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
I fancy this too 'Red'. Though as it's my GF's birthday it may not go down too well :lol:

Can't imagine tyre/brake etc wear would be crazy as the total track time is 1.15hr - and with 20mins being maximum driving time in each 'leg', hopefully your coolant loss wouldn't be an issue...

Suppose it all depends on how much you hammer it... ;)

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Tyre wear is noticable but not too bad. I've done 6000 miles and 5 track days on my current set od GSD3s. Will probably get another 2 tracks out of them.

As far as the coolant leak, track or no track, you really know you should fix it now before it lets go ;)

·
Registered
mgf
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On your first track day your unlikely to worry your tyres or brakes that much so don't let that put you off. After a few track days once you begin to understand the cars abilities and your own confidence grows, you will then start to wear the rubber and brakes a little more.

It is worth getting that water leak checked out though, It could be something as simple as a leaky hose or rad. A lot cheaper to deal with than waiting for a major leak to occur and a possible HGF.

Stu

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
On your first track day your unlikely to worry your tyres or brakes that much so don't let that put you off. After a few track days once you begin to understand the cars abilities and your own confidence grows, you will then start to wear the rubber and brakes a little more.

It is worth getting that water leak checked out though, It could be something as simple as a leaky hose or rad. A lot cheaper to deal with than waiting for a major leak to occur and a possible HGF.

Stu
I still hold you responsible for the flat spot on my tyre and being forced to buy these far superior Toyos I have now ;)

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
What Kind of Cars are people taking down. I know MG's and Rovers but MGF's ZR's etc?
This is the line up so far... ;) :)

---------------------- (as per link) ----------------------------

Paid and Confirmed
Gavin Rowles 1970 MG Midget (65 bhp) - Flame Red
Chris Godden 1979 MG Midget (65 bhp) - Red
Jon Jonson 2002 MG TF (160 bhp) - X-Power Grey
Tim Wainwright 1974 MG Midget (std bhp) - White
richard hall 1971 MG mgb (90 bhp) - red
Steve Adams 1979 MG MGB (Standard bhp) - Brooklands Green
Chris Smythe 1966 MG MGB (100 bhp) - Blue
Dr J D M Gould 1972 MG Midget (75 (approx bhp) - dark blue
John Pearson 1963 MG FIA MGB (170 bhp) - Blue
Mike Battle 1970 MG MGB Roadster (Standard bhp) - Green
paul hankins 2003 MG ZR EXPRESS 2.0TD (115 bhp) - starlight silver

Interested / Reserve list
Geoff Ryan 2003 MG zr105+ (133 bhp) - le mans green
Michelle Robinson 2004 MG ZR (105 bhp) - Trophy Blue
Lawrence Wood 1970 MG B Costello Roadster (190 bhp) - British Racing Green
Chris Godden 1979 MG Midget (65 bhp) - Red
Jonathan lodge 1966 MG Midget (90 bhp) - primrose
David Beatty 1978 MG MGB (95 bhp) - White
Colin Bryson 1999 MG MGF (135 bhp) - Silver
William Frost 2001 Other 25 (100 bhp) - blue
Mike Battle 1970 MG MGB Roadster (Standard bhp) - Green

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I would really fancy this, but I couldn't register on the MGoT website when I tried recently.

Always wondered what my ZS would be like on a track........

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would really fancy this, but I couldn't register on the MGoT website when I tried recently.

Sorry if you've had trouble registering on the MGoT website, I don't know why that happened. Don't let it put you off from trying your ZS on track and the Brands evening is great for giving it a go.

I'm sure you'll be able to log on if you try again. If not let us know.

·
Registered
mgf
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

We have a number of ZS owners who come to our track days , they handle really well, in fact a lot better than I would have expected..

Stu

1 - 13 of 13 Posts