MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On arrival Christopher indicated where to plonk my car (next to the LHD Green one) near the entrance

One very distinctive thing about our cars became very apprent as people arrived and later as people were giving me a toot when we all cleared off at 17:30 :-

The Aircon Fans, strewth I though mine was noisy but some of the cars sounded like Jet Turbines as they arrived :)

As I said to Ken and Co I do hope they spin to provide a bit of forward thrust!

If and when mine ever ends up in bits I am going to hang some leds off the relays in the control box, I want to really beleive the fan does alternately operate at the various speeds as I some times wonder if mine ever slows down!

What were your first and lasts of the day?.......................

·
Registered
rover_75
462 Posts
My first memory was being greeted at the gates to the display area by MMComputing who remembered me from Gaydon and on here - very friendly it was.

My last memory was chatting to SimonB about how to get to the drain hole underneath the ECU just before we made a move. Was nice to be able to share some knowledge :)

Pete

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually thinking about it, the first event of the day was on the way in when that supercharged thing went roaring past on the dual carriageway then I knew I was getting closer!

And the almost last event was waiting for the sticker man to come back so I could buy a couple of them.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Keith

I recall turning up early to find that Ken and a few others already there, seeing the empty arena and scratching my head as to whether or not the parking plan will work!!

It was great to at least say hello and a few words just before we left, a shame we did not get to eavesdrop on the k-bus - next time we have to make a point of doing that - although by then I hope to have experimented a bit with Rover pc ...

Cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
pshuttle said:
My first memory was being greeted at the gates to the display area by MMComputing who remembered me from Gaydon and on here - very friendly it was.

My last memory was chatting to SimonB about how to get to the drain hole underneath the ECU just before we made a move. Was nice to be able to share some knowledge :)

Pete
First memory was driving down the avenue of trees to see an areana full of some 80 cars gleaming in the sun.

Last memory was thinking the gates were going to wipe my front end off as I sat patiently on the white line!

By the way Pete, thanks for the advice, I did the job today on the centre drain. It was completely blocked with a few mm of water over so I caught it just in time. Cheers.

Simon

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I forgot about the gates!
You are right after crossing the line I reversed back a bit as I was sure they were getting a wee bit close

·
Registered
rover_75
26 Posts
First memory was being greeted by MMcomputing (as soon as I pulled the hand-brake) and been lead to meet the rest of the gang.
Last memory was saying goodbye to Eric after we crossed back the Channel to France and went separate ways (To Belgium and to Paris).
Funiest memory was taking pictures inside the shuttle train of my car and Eric's while other people were looking at us and wondering what was happening... :jealous:

Best Coincidence: having "MI5" letters on Alex's car plates and "DST" letters (French equivalent of MI5 on mine) :dd: :lol:

Best memory, being there :cool:

Regards,
Majed

·
Registered
38 Posts
First memory was driving at 55mph along the motorway hoping that it would prevent the car being covered in flies by the time we arrived. (yes I know thats sad!)

Second memory was slowing right down, knocking the car down to second gear and then accelerating out of the roundabouts before you get to Beaulieu listening to the glorious v6 engine and marvelling at the grip.

next memory was feeling quite anxious at striking up conversations with people I had never met. (I need'nt have worried!!)

next was winning in the raffle a 'Rover 75' club badge for my MG!! Thanks anyway!

I too had a bit of a panic at the gates!

I had a panic just after the gates as well......trip computer showing 3 miles of fuel left!!

Final memory? Looking at myself in the mirror when I got home......Lets just say that if I had been wearing an orange top and green trousers I could have been mistaken for a traffic light stuck on red.

Shaun

·
Registered
251 Posts
I liked the idea of being directed by the signs for the75 and ZT Club - past NO-ENTRY signs!! How special is THAT?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dr Dave said:
Yeah, seeing the signage saying "75/ZT Owners Club Meet" was rather memorable.
The signs actually looked the business, I assume they were prepared by the Beaulieu staff or do we have another member to thank?

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
I reckon by the look of them they were Beaulieu signage.

Anybody notice the glum-looking girl on the exit from the car park? Gawd she looked hacked-off! Mind you, I probably would too.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Dr Dave said:
I reckon by the look of them they were Beaulieu signage.

Anybody notice the glum-looking girl on the exit from the car park? Gawd she looked hacked-off! Mind you, I probably would too.
Yep the signs were provided by Beaulieu, as were the two extremely pleasant people on the gate, bloke was called Brian didn't catch the ladies name. They were the two that picked the yellow ZTT as the car they would most like to take away.

Gate was unmanned or womanned when I left.

MM

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just arrived home tonight.

First memory was getting behind a nice 55 reg ZTT and thinking there can't be many that new down here that aren't goint to Beaulieu. I was happier still when another Tourer came in behind (EnEnGee) and confirmed I was in good company.

Great day, with special thanks to Dr Dave for finding my cable siezing mouse, and Mike's WD40 with camera attached!

I was red faced at the speeches and even more red later that night. Boy did that sun burn.

I spotted Alex and pals later in the afternoon at Bucklers Hard Hotel Bar down the road from Beaulieu. Alex was still on cloud nine I think, cos shouting to him across the green had no effect whatsoever. Or was he avoiding me after seeing my dirty engine bay?

Congrats to all the organisers and prize winners. See you all in September.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Keith Alexander said:
The signs actually looked the business, I assume they were prepared by the Beaulieu staff or do we have another member to thank?
The signs were part of the 'package' that we decided upon when we booked.

Ken

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
mmcomputing said:
Yep the signs were provided by Beaulieu, as were the two extremely pleasant people on the gate, bloke was called Brian didn't catch the ladies name. They were the two that picked the yellow ZTT as the car they would most like to take away.

Gate was unmanned or womanned when I left.

MM
MM

I have written to Beaulieu thanking them and made particular reference to Brian and his 'friend'. I thought she was rather nice and whoever said she looked glum? she wasn't. She did it unpaid because she likes nice cars. Brian does it for the same reason but he gets paid for it as well.

Ken

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
Ken75 said:
MM

I have written to Beaulieu thanking them and made particular reference to Brian and his 'friend'. I thought she was rather nice and whoever said she looked glum? she wasn't. She did it unpaid because she likes nice cars. Brian does it for the same reason but he gets paid for it as well.

Ken
No, it wasn't her I was talking about, it was a young girl I spotted on gate duty on the way out.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Dr Dave said:
No, it wasn't her I was talking about, it was a young girl I spotted on gate duty on the way out.
OOOooo young girl Dave? :naughty: :lol:

If its the one I am thinking of she was walking around with the duty manager earlier in the day and didn't look very happy then either! Must have been all that sunshine that upset her! It seems there are people who actually live in houses down by Palace house, gardeners etc I suppose its possible she was from there.

Cheers

Ken

·
Registered
358 Posts
First memory was stopping on the M3 near Winchester to change baby's nappy and seeing a ZT-T and ZT parked up in the car park (Express Valeter) and then seeing all the 75s slotting into convoy on the small roads approaching Beaulieu.

The sign pointing the way to the arena was a nice touch. We parked up and saw Rovernut and Windrush who we parked next door to at Gaydon beside us again.

Funniest moment was Dr Dave and Rovernut's bonnet and the rodent stowaway within!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts