MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the same question on two beamer forums at about 7am this morning and still no answers...

You wouldn't get that here... I'd have about 94 replies by now... oh what have I done... :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I asked the same question on two beamer forums at about 7am this morning and still no answers...

You wouldn't get that here... I'd have about 94 replies by now... oh what have I done... :tumbleweed:
You have learnt the error of your ways. Unfortunately too late. May your mistake me a lesson to others! ;)

Give them time, they're all old men so need time to wake up a bit first.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
So, Beemer forums are like Beemer owners then! Selfish, inconsiderate arses who are only out for themselves!

Good luck getting a reply off that lot! :dddc: :lol:

·
Registered
42,093 Posts

you have two options....

1. stick the questions on here and lets see if we can answer them for you.

2. swap your Z4 for my tf and let me worry about the lack of replies. ;)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1. stick the questions on here and lets see if we can answer them for you.
Ok... I can see I'm going to get more answers 'back home' so... if a car is priced at £17,995 on the forecourt at an independant dealers, do you thinks its rude to go in with an offer of £17,000 cash? what do you reckon that chance of them going for it is?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Ok... I can see I'm going to more answers 'back home' so... if a car is priced at £17,995 on the forecourt at an independant dealers, do you thinks its rude to go in with an offer of £17,000 cash? what do you reckon that chance of them going for it is?
I'd say that is a completely reasonable offer. :broon:
(I'd personally go in a little lower and wait for them to raise you to 17k themselves. ;) )

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,993 Posts
If you are going to do that then I would have thought you would have more chance at the end of the month, but in any case it would be worth a go.

·
Registered
905 Posts
No trade in,cash sale even better if you take credit from them for their commission.

You must be an ideal customer I would go in at £16000,they can only say no let them chase you also remember we have just had a number plate change.

Have a look at main dealer if you have £17K in you hand, maybe it may be better to look at a lease or ballon payment deal and leave some money in bank or building soc.

The worlds your lobster!

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
I'd say that is a completely reasonable offer. :broon:
(I'd personally go in a little lower and wait for them to raise you to 17k themselves. ;) )
absolutely, cars are there for haggling.i've never paid actual price that is on the car. obviously if the car is very desirable, then the salesperson may decline to accept your offer as they may feel they will sell it easily, but certainly offer about 15-16k and let them make the next move.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
mgf
90 Posts
Ok... I can see I'm going to more answers 'back home' so... if a car is priced at £17,995 on the forecourt at an independant dealers, do you thinks its rude to go in with an offer of £17,000 cash? what do you reckon that chance of them going for it is?
It's not in the slightest bit rude. Don't be ashamed to haggle a bit and don't be intimidated by salespeople, £17,995 is their dream price! Ask them what the lowest they'll take for it is and then knock another grand off, if they won't give you a price, start at 15.5K. A few weeks ago I got 1500 knocked off a 5K motor at the dealers - they'd rather have a little bit of profit than none at all - just try not to look too interested in it ie don't mention how you've been after one for ages etc...they'll come down (maybe not to 15.5K but I reckon that's a fair starting point for your target). Oh and don't forget to go for free extended warranty/ servicing.

(I've been watching that bald cockernee bloke of morning telly!)

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
The successful hagglers would probably go in at £15,000 and wouldn't worry about offending the salesman. It's an opening offer and it makes them realise you are not a pushover. But the proffesional hagglers would be prepared to walk away if they didn't get the deal they wanted.

I thought your problem was "how do you get the indicators to work" :lol:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts